Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 2)

I just realized back when I used to read a lot manga.
There were some pretty fucked up and wild horror manga that still can’t believe I read.

What’s wrong with me? :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

My author copies of my novel came in the mail today :partying_face:

7 Likes

This is one of those days where your birthday doesn’t feel like one…

:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Are you feeling now, Miss Qualeshia?

3 Likes

I’m feeling old. LOL!

3 Likes

@anon39043209
happy-birthday-meme-with-a-cats-head-in-a-pizza-slice
happy birfday! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Thanks so much! :blush:

3 Likes

Grats!

2 Likes

We tried reading Twilight yesterday, making through chapter 1. So far, I am puzzled. It’s really tedious, even if writing is smooth. :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Puzzled over what should be a very simple story concerns me. Just imagine what the rough draft looked like…

2 Likes

I am puzzled why people like it. It’s 20 pages of a girl going to school and having pointless conversations about the weather and the truck.

2 Likes

Uhm…ATMOSPHERE!!

1 Like

I’m a very patient listener when it comes to music, I don’t even mind classical, but I am a very impatient reader.

1 Like

Man, there is so much lacking in the authortube community far as diversity. It is really sad. Like I tried searching for my black authortubers and it feels like there are hardly any whether male or female.

There are some, but you have to search through a shit ton of the same race and gender to find them.

Where is the diversity in this? It is really disappointing. There seems to be more booktubers than authortubers who are black.

There are some Asians sprinkled in there, but not enough. Like there are only a few Authortubers that I like who aren’t black while there are two-ish authortubers that I actually like that are black that I like with one Asian.

I am not trying to be racist in no way or form, but it is just upsetting that there aren’t many black, Asian, Hispanic, and/or male authortubers getting the same amount of popularity as the people who don’t fit what I listed.

Seriously, where is the damn diversity? I wish I was making authortube content, but mentally I am not there yet.

That is probably the only rant I have to say.

2 Likes

Why do they have to be popular? Support diverse authortubers no one’s heard of yet. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

For instance, Omar Willis is just starting out, but I watch all his videos and upvote them so eventually he’ll become popular. Everyone has to start somewhere. ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

Does Omar do writing vlogs or does he simply discuss on ways you can be a better writer or both?

2 Likes

So far he does instructional videos on how to write and sometimes themed playlists to inspire your writing.

2 Likes

I mean I don’t mind that. For some odd reason, I enjoy writing vlogs more than I should. LOL!

2 Likes

Are you looking for someone who just talks about what the writing process is like for them personally then? If so, you’re right…I only know of white tubers who do that. What boggles my mind is that Google pays them for that. We should all get paid to do nothing but talk about ourselves and our dreams. (♯^.^ღ)

2 Likes

Yes.

Exactly. It’s like that is the standard in AuthorTube in a sense. I don’t mind it sometimes, while other times it is like where the hell are the other races and genders who enjoy writing.

It gets tiresome. I suppose that is why I stick to what I know because playing find-it is a real killer.

2 Likes