Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

:joy::joy::joy: that’s how I roll with it. I’ve tried to stop myself writing a trillion books at once or I will just do it. :joy::grimacing: I’m so bad!!!

I really do. I tend to just spend so much time drafting. Then hate myself when I have like 6 books to edit and I’m trying to get it all done for wattys or whatever :eyes::eyes: lol. I hate it. But also really enjoy the process.

3 Likes

to clear a head cold write a novella :joy: should finish a dark fantasy Yaoi novella today or tomorrow. I couldn’t focus on my regular stuff, so went mad on a supernatural BL.

3 Likes

Oh oof yeah, that sounds so hard to keep track of! Editing multiple books at once, I mean. Wow.

2 Likes

I did that on Chrome originally, and while it didn’t work immediately afterward, it works now. I think I just didn’t give it enough time to load. C’est la vie.

1 Like

weird

Hey all. I made a poll :joy: Feel free to vote if you have an extra minute or two. I’m trying to decide which logline/tagline I should use. (Is clearly procrastinating on writing…)

4 Likes

I finally got over my hurdle :partying_face: Now I can continue writing my WIP with confidence hehe

4 Likes

I’m here from the poll thread to say I recognized that blurb! You asked for help reviewing it a while back didn’t you? It looks so nice! And all the taglines are awesome! It’s kinda hard to pick one :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Christian and Rod are fighting now. :joy:

Now, I am tempted to put them in a novel together.

Rod, the main character. Chrissy the sidekick.

Uncle and Nephew but idk.

Why can’t I be as creative as the time I got the flu and wrote the Sofa, So Good short story? lol.

3 Likes

Life doesn’t work on demand.

3 Likes

Okay, I will make an online TV channel and app.

LIFE: ON DEMAND :flushed:

3 Likes

Yeah! I remember you helping me tons with my original blurbs. Have still never been satisfied with one though :joy: I’m glad the taglines were hard to choose from - I think that’s a good sign! I’ve gotten quite a few votes now so I’ll go with the winner and hopefully stick with it for a long time.

3 Likes

Voted and looking good!
@vibingwithpastels glad to hear you are writing again!
@Wolftunes welcome!
@MiniMoxx another idea? Wooooot! I hope it works out well :slight_smile:

And I am back from the drama of the figure-skating competition! With all the junior athletes now safely in or out of the Grand Prix finals, I only have to catch up on smaller competitions where I can and stay COVID-free to not jeopardize my trip to the senior GP stage to cheer on. Heh. Very nervous about the trip…

So, time to get back into writing. The werewolf duel, where the sis of the protagonist tries to rip his throat out, here I come!

6 Likes

I receive my first constructive review in 3 years. It was rather refreshing. And helpful to the WIP. Some of it I already knew was a weakness, so I was impressed by the reviewer.

Especially when they were learning to write for the first time. They were really picking up the flaws and strengths well. I explained the process to them, so they can see where the weaknesses can come into play. Something they can keep watch for when honing their habits.

A truly constructive experience.

7 Likes

YES!!! I love it when that happens!! Sometimes getting a fresh pair of eyes on it really does help <3

4 Likes

Two reviewers have made me new covers, unsolicited, in a row, after nobody at all even mentioning the idea, and I’m not sure if this is coincidence or some secret conspiracy against me.

It’s not like they’re bad or anything, but I’d want to have a bit more premeditation in it, you know.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but everytime I see your pfp I think of this:

Hail to the Thief Album Cover

Maybe they’re just being nice? Your current cover isn’t exactly ultra-trendy.

2 Likes

Dark Academia with Dinosaurs.

I agree with this. Nobody makes a new cover free of charge out of condescension. It’s actually a pretty high compliment, it means they got pretty invested in your book.

4 Likes

If it’s on a place like Wattpad, you interrupt the chapters with profuse thanks and post their pics on it. If you get more of it, post it there too. You can show interest in what they did without having to adopt it.

3 Likes