Struggling Writers’ Daily Den: rant, share, complain, ask, daily progress thing (Part 1)

Meh, the guy is just trying to come up with something to put into those comments for the club. I get it. They don’t like the story but don’t know what to say. I mean, such is life. Next week, maybe I will get someone who’s not so stomped by it

That’s a natural consequence of any sort of rotation-based system where people are mandated to comment on books: sometimes you’re going to end up with weeks where neither person really benefits.

1 Like

I was thinking over a title for my story and considering calling it At first sight; A werewolf love story

Ugh! I have been slacking a bit with my writing!
I can’t figure things out and it is a bit annoying.

I still need to finish my anthology because I am really slacking with that.
Ugh! Much Frustration!

2 Likes

Yup, that’s why I always lock in as soon as I spot a good partnership. But the mass comments also help. The bizarre stuff like this person happens very rarely. Probably young and from a country far out of American influence.

1 Like

So…I’m trying to develop one of my character’s voices and made this thing for people to ask my character questions.

Not sure yet how extroverted I want to her to be… Questions to her, much appreciated :relaxed:

1 Like

I never got to start practicing on my writing. Always get distracted.

2 Likes

Okay, loaded next chapter for Jilted by the Mafia on Raddish, posted first 5 chapters for The Fireman’s Girl and applied for clubs it qualifies for with five. My goal is 2 chapters a week on Jilted and 1 chapter on the Fireman’s Girl…

So far, Raddish is neither here, nor there. Some reads on Trapped, only 1 sub. Jilted doesn’t have enough chapters yet to be under new tabs, and with 2x per week it will be a while till I can ask for promos. But I am settled into a pattern.

Gonna go do some reading now…

Tomorrow, I will need to do 500 words for Raised by the Mafia

3 Likes

You’ll get there someday, it’s a start.

3 Likes

I realized something interesting about two of my characters. One lives in the 1820s and the other in the 1850s, both in the same world.

The Facade of Quad in Nimrod has a character that is a romantic. Valerie loves to read love stories and fantasize herself as the characters. But she never pursued them on her own. She became engaged at a young age as you do in 1820 and believed it to be love. Her father encourages her and he has complete control over her life.

Now I have a similar girl in the complementary duology. Dead By Sunrise has Shree who is a romantic. She loves to read romance novels and fantasize herself as those characters. But while her mother tells her there’s no such thing as marriage with love and its all about the money, her father tells her otherwise. Shree is closer to her father despite not seeing much of him.

(Just had the idea that maybe he writes her letters in secret that she hides from her mother. He tells her things that her mother wouldn’t talk about. He tells her about more modern ideas because he travels the world. And maybe her mother letting her go on a month-long trip is in exchange to come back and agree to be married off, but what Shree actually does is run away. Ooooh :eyes: Scandalous!)

Shree is like a go-getter version of Valerie. Which is interesting. I did try to modernize Shree a little more because she’s living in the 1850s where things are beginning to change.

Just felt like sharing that interesting discovery.

3 Likes

I think it’s cool to start from the same character kernel and develop them differently in different books because the story puts a unique set of challenges for each of them.

3 Likes

Okay I need to spend 4 hours writing today, lol.

1 hour passed so how much writing have you gotten done.

1 Like

Not enough :joy: Oscar distracted me, and I got food.

1 Like

LOL I managed to write one shortie last night.

1 Like

2HR IN, and almost finished the first chapter.

Finally marked my novel as “complete” on WP. Yay! Gods, it’s such a mess. So much to do now that it’s time for editing. :weary: It’s a slow crawl, but at least I’m moving? :laughing:

6 Likes

You are doing great, and congratulations!!!

2 Likes

HAHAHAHAHA! Have you ever written something so stupid and cringe, that it actually works?

3 Likes

I know this isn’t writing really, but I really do need to practice my typing skills.
:sweat_smile:

4 Likes