Tell me, what does it mean for someone to have "main character vibes"?

I agree with @KingEmpo So far, that has been my understanding of the term, too

1 Like

Uhm okay, so, is main character vibes not something people would say about themselves?

2 Likes

Don’t tell someone “to do better” if you want them to improve. It’s non-specific and passive-aggressive.

1 Like

On Tik Tok maybe.

A negative response brings a negative response. It should have been dealt with between the two parties behind the scenes, instead it is here. The first negative response was not such a good idea (give them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they were having a bad day or something, still not a good idea) and the one after is also not such a good idea in my humble opinion even though it is one done in defense (I usually think not responding publicly is better).

I don’t know what to do. This has never happened in my thread :sweat_smile: I feel responsible for this somehow. Maybe I should have done something, said something, messaged someone, but I don’t like confrontational things.

Uhm mods? Admins?

Sorry about this guys. I don’t believe anyone meant any mean things. We are all good people on Wacky. We make mistakes, write things at the spur of the moment, but we can come to an understanding. I’ll believe that.

5 Likes

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* Gentle reminder: you don’t need to be perfect in order to be loved.✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

4 Likes

No. That would be arrogant unless they are sardonic as hell and think it’s bullshit in the first place.

Someone like that would be, “Why does Male Lead vibes just ooze out of the things I enjoy?! It’s rather filthy.” in their head.

Say like this guy finds a naked girl in his bed, he might for self defense lean against the door frame, take the sight in, then sigh…“Honey, I know I give off some incredible Male Lead vibes, but if I slept with every luscious thing in my bed, I’d be an STD factory. Let me respect you, and kindly get the fuck out my room.”

Yeah, a bit old fashioned, but still…burden of filth is on him instead of him accusing her of being dirty.

2 Likes

Gonna start off by saying: trans people can be transphobic towards other trans people. I see it happen all the time. Does not make it okay.

And me being “offended” at your “joke” does not prove your point. I “go outside” plenty. Literally grew up doing everything outside. Yet I still am trans and have changed pronouns multiple times. What you said was transphobic. And I know of other fellow trans people who would agree with me.

And I’m saying this in public because I think it can be helpful to other people. As trans people, it is not our duty to educate others against transphobia, but some thankfully have the energy to do so

6 Likes

Hey all,

As allies of the LGBTQ+ community, we take the well-being and mental health of the individuals in that community very seriously. Making flippant comments that are insulting or inflammatory, especially at the expense of the LGTBQ+ community, is absolutely not tolerated on Wacky Writers. This issue has been addressed, so please move forward with the original topic of the thread. We encourage anyone with questions to reach out to a moderator.

-CJ :wackywriters:

10 Likes

✧・゚: * ✧・゚:* If you’re feeling unloved, unimportant, or insecure, remember that you’re not alone here and we love you.✧・゚: *✧・゚: *

7 Likes

Thanks Wisp :joy:

6 Likes

Thanks @CJtheSiteWizard for popping in.

Back to the original topic: What would the opposite of “main character vibes” be? “Antagonist vibes”? “Supporting character vibes”?

4 Likes

Ok so there is a difference between Main Character Syndrome and Main Character Vibes

1. the first is negative, the second positive
  2. The first refers to someone who acts as if they are the main character of a story. Basically “quirky”, not like other girls TM, alpha male TM etc. They see others as just support characters and want to hog up all the attention. They also often think they can get away with stuff they shouldn’t and get angry at consequences.
  3. Main character vibes more so refers to “WP” moments, YA moments, book moments, people who have done things that would “only happen to characters in a book”, that are “too perfect to be part of real life” like randomly being called to travel to Jamaica, have a walk in moonlight with a stranger and end up marrying them, falling in love with their desk neighbour and becoming partners for life, bumping into someone famous and walking away with an autograph, finding out their signifcant other cheated on them with their best friend, having a rivalry with the annoyingly smart guy in class, your date being convinced to help you accomplish that one dream you never could etc ( it’s often used for postive things to express jealousy at their luck)
7 Likes

Ah…Isekai often gets into sidekicks, minor characters, villains who aren’t the ML and their various limitations.

I don’t think they have a special name for it, but some of the Mangas do a damn good job of explaining the issues of not being special enough.

2 Likes

You explained this far better than I ever could have :joy:

2 Likes

There’s also main character moments!! That’s when you’re living your life as normal, then something little happens, and you feel like the world is yours for a bit. So like walking home and that one song starts playing, or trying on fancy clothes and you find the perfect outfit, or you’re in the first little bit of a relationship and everything feels like a fairytale. Sort of a way of describing a feeling.

7 Likes

Old people would call it serendipity.

2 Likes

That one song….it haunts me so…

I assume you mean favorite song here.

2 Likes

thank you :blush:

1 Like

Could be a favourite song, could just be one of those songs that makes the moment feel more in-depth or significant, even if you don’t normally like it.

2 Likes