The closest library to me is a twenty-one-minute walk...

I do plan to return to the library. I just don’t want to pressure myself too much to do it, because it’s a matter of walking there and walking back to my home.

Many of you might say that a twenty-one-minute walk is not bad. I don’t walk much, like at all unless it is necessary to do. So, for me to walk whenever I want for twenty-one minutes to the library, is a bitch of a chore.

I can only do it so much, until I am sick of it. So, I need to set days for going to the library, because I will not do it EVERY SINGLE DAY, I will not, and I don’t need to.

I could take an Uber, but that cost money that I rather not spend, and it makes no sense to do bus. There is another library, but that is over fifty minutes away and HELL TO THE NO!!! This is Barnes and Noble, but that is further out, and I would need an Uber and still no.

So, a twenty-minute walk to the nearest library to me it is!

The only thing I plan to do at the library is get some writing in and possibly do a library card to get either Hoopla or the Libby app. I just want to write and focus on writing there.

Thoughts and feelings? If you have any at all?

6 Likes

@Akje
@AMMeyers
@TheTigerWriter
@copyedit
@JohnnyTuturro
@NotARussianBot
@MatthewJH
@alenatenjo
@SecretDurham

The nearest library to me is even farther than that, but there’s no point in going because even when I drive there, there’s never any damn parking. Grrrrrrrr. What kind of moron city planners build a library with no parking lot? Yes, I know…Florida men. Argh.

Can you buy a bike? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

Biking makes me uncomfortable because of certain laws where I live… :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

I see a training oppurtunity on the horizon. If you have a backpack on hand, borrow a few diciotnaries to help with your weight training.

2 Likes

Training? Really? Are you trying to kill me?

LOL!

1 Like

In life, you must be open to all opportunities. Where I used to live, a twenty-one minute walk was simply good exercise!

2 Likes

That…may…be the case, but I don’t want to do it daily though.

1 Like

Weekly. Makes you really consider which books to check out.

If that’s too much, twice monthly.

2 Likes

That’s more doable maybe three a month if I am up for it.

2 Likes

Mine’s downtown 10 mins.

2 Likes

What about those rental electric scooters? Do they have those where you live? If so, that might be a better option than public transport. ヽ(^。^)丿

1 Like

The nearest library to me is a one hour drive soooooooo yah

2 Likes

I think going every day wouldn’t be the greatest idea either. I mean, great workout, but I’d definitely start loathing it, too. xD

Setting a particular time/date to go is perfect. If you haven’t walked there yet, you’re able to see the type of distance it’s like by going the first time you do so you can get an idea on how many days you should do it for. If you decide to go multiple times a week.

And if you’re walking in a setting where there’s benches or brick walls on the side (if you’re presumably walking on the sidewalk near businesses), then also know that you don’t have to just walk there - you can take breaks if needed. As someone who is overweight and struggles with walking (though I’m stubborn, so I will just continuously walk for an hour without a break), I love finding benches or somewhere to sit to just rest for a few minutes. If you go at a decent time, you won’t be in any rush to get there or back home. :heart:

2 Likes

Oof…

1 Like

Well, la di da, you lucky duckie!

1 Like

Yes, I need to work my way into returning either tomorrow or Friday because I haven’t walked there in over a year, so I need to slowly work my way to getting to that point.

Where I live, there are more houses than that. So, to find a bench is NOT easy.

I have a Library 20 mins form me, though I never use it (I really should), but it seems that I walk further than that twice a week for groceries and stuff…

So there really is no excuse to not visit the Library at all for me, and I will do so now that I think of it…

I say, go for it. Do the walk, breath in the fresh air, listen to music as you walk, and in no time at all you will be there… And back again…

SD

1 Like

Oh man, I drive everywhere.

2 Likes

Mine’s a 20 min walk away too lol. I walk or bike everywhere. I live in a city so there’s incentive to walk anyway :tipping_hand_man: Plus I don’t live in the US so I’m not car dependent.

2 Likes