The Foodie Thread!!!

Here is the thread for the food lover in you.
Food is amazing!

Show me some pictures of your favorite meals and/or meals that you find so scrumptious and tasty looking.
I wanna see the foods that you love eating to want to eat.

Here we discuss nothing but food and some beverages.
Try not to drool and breath so hard when you glance at the different delicious foods.
Must. Show. Restrain. LOL!

3 Likes

But…your surgery…? (♯^.^ღ)

☜(ˆ▿ˆc)

Greek Dolmades recipe (Stuffed Vine/ Grape Leaves Dolmathes) - My Greek Dish

2 Likes

Yeah, I know! This might be something I will try when I am able to eat solid foods!

2 Likes

2 Likes

What is that and why does it look tasty?

1 Like

Tostones

1 Like

I’ve heard of those. I forgot what are those made out of.
Could you tell me, please?

1 Like

Plantains

1 Like

Mais, dis is ovakill

2 Likes

Ooh! I never even had plantain before. I gotta try them one day.

1 Like

Oh god! I am drooling!

:drooling_face:

1 Like

Crawfish etouffee. I’m not nuts enough to leave a Crawfish shell on top of it but Mais, I’ve done made etouffee before.

2 Likes

I have a question: Can you have this dish non-spicy or does it taste better with a little kick? I ask this because I can’t handle spicy foods like at all.

1 Like

Most Cajun meals aren’t all that spicy. If you get the prepeeled tails done by a factory, the crawfish won’t have anything hot about them–nor are they all that salty. Then the premade powders don’t have much of anything hot to them because the heat is supposed to come from how you boil the crawfish.

2 Likes

Oh, thank goodness! I would love to try this dish someday.

I just have to find either a restaurant in my area that serves Cajun food.
LOL!

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Louisiana-Cajun-Etouffee-Fish-2-65/dp/B08C6V7VJ5/ref=mp_s_a_1_1_sspa?keywords=etouffee+mix&qid=1650325943&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExVThCUjJUM0ZWOFROJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMjc2MjE0MURHVjY4OEsxOUo4ViZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwNDY0MzM2MzFSWks5NVVTQVBEMyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX3Bob25lX3NlYXJjaF9hdGYmYWN0aW9uPWNsaWNrUmVkaXJlY3QmZG9Ob3RMb2dDbGljaz10cnVl

This base isn’t spicy, that I remember. I could do it from scratch, but I’m often lazy.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bernard-s-Frozen-Cleaned-Peeled-Crawfish-Tails-12-Oz/10532599

This is usually what I can find at a local Walmart.

But you could use shrimp in its place, without any fuss (which is easier to find).

2 Likes

Ooh! Thanks a bunch for this!

1 Like

I don’t often take pics of my food, but here’s some pics I found in my camera roll for some reason :joy:. They range from food I’ve made for myself (salmon cakes and baked chicken with brown rice and broccoli), giant chocolate chip cookies the fiancé’s made us, and salads I’ve made for my guinea babies that humans say they want to eat :joy:.

Summary

3 Likes

There’s also pictures of food that have already been taken. So, if you don’t want to take pictures, the internet has plenty. Lol!

But your meals look :yum: yummy.

2 Likes

I know, I’m just lazy lol. And thanks! XD

2 Likes