The Wacky Pumpkin - A Halloween Writing Contest!

Haha, yes, I submitted it through the google docs link.

2 Likes

Oh, cool, thanks a lot for joining! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

You are most welcome~ I’ve been very absent from writing, so it helped me open a little creative door!

2 Likes

That’s even better! You’ve basically already ‘won’ :wink:

3 Likes

I totally understand! Yes, one of the prompts will work nicely for me. I got a rough draft of something written last night, just gonna play with it before I submit it!

2 Likes

I can use a prompt in any way I want, right? As long as it is mentioned in the short story? So, if the main character were to meet someone who crossed to the wrong side, it would count as prompt number one?

1 Like

Take your time! You have until October 16th :grin:

You don’t have to mention it outright. You can use it as a line in your story if you like, but that’s entirely optional. The submission form has a section where you can select which prompt you used.

Yep, sounds like it :blush:

3 Likes

Alright, thanks.

2 Likes

You’re welcome :blush: And yes, you can use the prompt in whichever way you like, I just realised I missed that bit :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Working on it right now. I have like, 505 words and am seeing where I can get rid of those five :rofl:

3 Likes

The worst part about a number max or min is adding/snipping words~ they’re all so important haha!

3 Likes

505 is fine, 550 would be problematic lol.

1 Like

LOL right?? And I am a wordy writer. Like, I can’t write a standalone novel without it turning into a series so a story in 500 words is really challenging, but the challenge is why I am doing it.

3 Likes

Eek! It’s always nice to find excuses to hone your craft. 550 would be problematic hahaha, try snipping an adverb here or an adjective there?

3 Likes

Yeah, I am doing that and rewording a few things. I think I’m almost done with it.

Update: Submitted, at 497 words.

4 Likes

Woohoo!! :partying_face: Go you :muscle:

2 Likes

can I post my story somewhere after submitting into the form?

2 Likes

You are free to publish the story wherever you like, but only after the results are announced. That’s because the judges won’t know whose stories they’re judging in order to make the process as fair as possible.

3 Likes

okay, thanks.

2 Likes

Successfully submitted my entry! YAY!!! :grin:

3 Likes