There's this guy I am interested in, and I need help.

hey guys!

Okay, long story short, I’m interested in this guy I’m acquainted with. I’ve known him since the beginning of freshman year, but I had the chance to get to know him better just two weeks ago because of this event at college and now we say hi and have little convos from time to time. Just yesterday, he asked me to walk with him back to our dorm after an event, but I wasn’t able to because I was busy.

It just came to me that I am interested in him, but I don’t know how to build our relationship. I was planning to text him tomorrow and ask him if he could study with me at the library or a study hall, but now I’m not sure if I moving too fast. What do you guys think I should do?

Just letting you guys know, we’re both freshmen in college :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Doing platonic things isn’t moving too fast. Studying, as long as you mean studying is just, “Hey, come hang out with me” level stuff. As long as it’s not badgering someone every day to hang out with you when they have excuses, you’re in “You’re overthinking this stuff” territory.

I mean, hell, I had people I did stuff with almost daily in early college that meant NOTHING, and no one was worried about all that.

3 Likes

Like J.L.O said, doing platonic things together wouldn’t move things fast at all! In fact, I think it’s the perfect time for the two of you to get to know each other even more. And you can go from there after y’all have known each other some more :blush:

Eep, young love :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: just go with the flow and get to know him more. Who knows, maybe during all of those times y’all hang out, he’ll catch feelings~

1 Like

In my opinion, doing platonic stuff first may help both of you learn more about each others and when both of you are ready you can level it up. :eyes:

Though I have no idea how you level up cause I’m the worst person to give advice

@J.L.O @W.L.Ink @sunlets

Okay, so yesterday I saw him at an event and went over to talk with him and his friends. We all had a blast and I can finally say that I now have a platonic relationship with him (including with his friends). I do have a feeling that we could definitely level up since he seems to like me as well ;D

Thanks for yall’s help! I really appreciate it :slight_smile:

3 Likes