Tracking The Wattpad Ranking System Update Schedule

I suppose it would be.

2 Likes

Yeah, I feel like I see this advise everywhere too.

ā€œJust slap together some videos and post on TikTok! Youā€™ll have readers flock in no time! Look at Colleen Hoover!ā€

And I kind of doubt itā€™s just that easy. Like you will be fighting an algorithm there just as on WP besides having to learn the ropes of a whole new platform. And that is time that I could use writing. Iā€™d rather just write (as I can barely find time for that lately).

I am definitely planning to give other avenues a shot in the future (perhaps when I have the backlog and following necessary for such adventures) but right now Wattpad kind of gives me what Iā€™m looking for, which is engagement and feedback on my stories.

2 Likes

Yeah, I am 100% with you. I was thinking doing mini reviews, but In many months, I haveā€¦ 8 of them? And TikTok wants daily vids. And tiny ones. Where am I going to get this much content? Iā€™m in Twitter for other reasons, but you donā€™t go and advertise your stories there. People ignore it. I doubt TikTok is any different, and it is much, much more skill consuming to do vids vs typing a few words in a twit.

Plus, the one vid I ever posted on TikTok with a quote from my story was taken down and my account banned for 24 hrs.

I will eventually have 4 book Mafia set, but it will already be on Wattpad and Radish, for free. And, tbh, peeps donā€™t flock to it on these platforms.

Once i hit mln reads anywhere, with people asking me when I write next sentence, then yup, I will think about other options. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, like I doubt being one in a million pushing videos of your own stories down the throat of people will get me exposure (and thereā€™s gonna be so many people who are so much better at making these than me). You gotta stand out to get exposure, and finding a way to stand out and doing it repeatedly takes time.

So Iā€™m not ignorant of the possibilities of TikTok, Iā€™m just realistic about my own capability to use them fruitfully (instead of just wasting time I could have been writing instead).

2 Likes

100% that. I know people could do great on TikTok, but since I am not popular on any form of social media, why would a 47 yo awkward me who can barely snap pictures of her flowers and doubts if she should post it on Instagram would hit it with outgoing young peeps on TikTok? My better bet, even if it is also a long shot, is to write a book so good (or bad, lol) that someone who is already good on SM mentions it and then it starts percolating there. And for that I need to write books.

2 Likes

Now, why did I assume that youā€™re a kid? I guess itā€™s bc of that profile pic XD
What you said, all of it, was so deep, man!
Thank you!

BTW guys @lisa_london @DomiSotto @MiniMoxx
Iā€™m reading all your replies to this topic, but I have nothing to say.
Iā€™m learning a lot from this conversation.

4 Likes

Haha yeah! I was a kid like 20 years ago. My friend drew that because I told them to draw me a PFP based around a grumpy Churro and itā€™s cool.

No problem. Glad youā€™re learning a lot too

2 Likes

Donā€™t forget about us when you become famous :speak_no_evil:
And tell them about our books. LOL. Iā€™m desperate XD

2 Likes

LOL. It really is!

1 Like

I will, if I ever do xD Shout out to the WW crew.

Itā€™s my expression :smiley:

1 Like

That ^

2 Likes

Wait what! Why?

1 Like

I use TikTok but I hate it. I can never get views about 100, I have like 1 or 2 that ā€œtook offā€ but even then it was like 600 views. It doesnt work for me, I canā€™t seem to crack the algorithm despite copying people that have cracked it.

I now just use it to try to advertise, but mainly to use their video editing and then post on instagram. Reels do my head in to work out and I like the TikTok smoke and glitter filter for my videos lmao

I would just, for once, love to know how people get big on TikTok. I donā€™t get it. Even Instagram Iā€™m not big on, but I have a couple of hundred followers. I justā€¦ social media is blooming weird.

3 Likes

It updated just a while ago
Itā€™s worse. Iā€™m only ranking in 4 tags rn :weary:

1 Like

Exactly!
I tried it last year, but barely got views at all. And I wasted so much time on it.
So, I deleted my account and went back to writing.

2 Likes

OMG. Iā€™m in shock. I thought you were 30. And I thought Johnny was a kid. What the hell is wrong with me XD
Iā€™m sorry if I offended anyone. I actually meant it as a compliment. You guys are so cool :purple_heart:

1 Like

They never explain anything. Just ban you.

1 Like

:smirk:

1 Like

That sucks :\

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like