UK heatwave

So I live in London and we’re on the red warning for the first time because of the high temperatures- going up to 40 degrees celsius :sob:
I’m literally dying and had the fan on the whole day. How is anyone else in the UK coping?

4 Likes

I live in America. It is 90 F where I live in America.

It is flipping hot. So, there is that.

1 Like

I used to live in London back when I was 18 and I’m sooooo glad I don’t anymore. I feel so bad for you guys in those areas. There’re so many fires :frowning: Must be AWFUL

I’m down in Southampton, and it’s now 24 now. We had a bit of rain at 4pm, but it hot 34 this afternoon and it was horrific. We do get a bit of sea wind so thats made it so much easier to handle but it is just horrific. I didnt sleep last night either, so I’m hoping the lower temps tonight will allow us all some sleep.
My son is loving it. It’s all right for him, he’s 4 XD our cats… I havent seen them much the past week, they’ve been hiding from the sun. One of my cats has sunburn on his ears which is finally clearing up so he’s avoiding the sun now XD

but yeah I literally cannot wait for autumn and RAIN OMG RAIN

4 Likes

I wonder…

If I ever want to take a vacation to the UK, which month is best to go?

Just curious.

3 Likes

It would depend on what weather you’re after. But if you’re after sunny and not too hot, I’d come over like March-May. We tend to now get heatwaves in June/July/August, and then autumn and winter can be really rainy but sometimes sunny and cold.

3 Likes

I feel like you guys are used to that amount of heat there right? Here though it’s the first time ever and buildings here are built to trap air in which is not the best at all.

2 Likes

I would look for that nice sunny and breezy weather in March/May.
Thanks for letting me know.

2 Likes

It’s 32 right now gosh :sob: I really don’t know how I’m going to sleep.
Today I really don’t know why I decided to go out and buy some things, it was just HOT AIR blasting at my face. I sweated the sunscreen off completely lmao.
Our cats have just been sleeping the entire day, one of them isn’t eating at all. We’re kind of worried.

Do you just have that feeling of everything being sticky as well?

2 Likes

Depends on where you live in America. At least I think that.
Some places in America are hotter than others.

So, it is a yes and no.
I can’t stand when it is in the 90s because it gets crazy hot and humid.

2 Likes

Good Luck then! What do you do cool off?

2 Likes

Stay inside to beat the summer heat. I use an air conditioner to keep cool.

Good luck to you as well.

2 Likes

Look, in two days it will be back to normal.

2 Likes

Thank you for the beautiful motivation

2 Likes

It was like 30+ here yesterday and I got through it with plenty of water, a fan, a vest top, loose shorts, and plenty of willpower. You have to solider on. And don’t stay out in it too long. And keep all the windows open as well. It’s cooler today, but I still do that because the humidity is a joke.

2 Likes

I agree 100% :+1: :+1:
And slushies are a must as well

2 Likes

Yeah, :100: or ice cream.

2 Likes

slushies are better in my opinion

2 Likes

Anything cold, imo :stuck_out_tongue: but coke slushies are epic.

2 Likes

coke slushies are so disgusting…?

Blue raspberry for the win

2 Likes

Ugh YES everything is sticky and just UGH. I’ve been showering 3 times a day in this heat (cold ones!) and then it gets pointless because I sweat 2 minutes later lmao. It’s AWFUL

Aw no. Ours havent really been interested in food, I think it’s normal for cats in these heat. Just make sure they have cold water access. If they don’t eat tomorrow, I’d get some advice, but honestly, I’ve lived with cats all my life, and in heat like this, if they’re not used to it, they won’t be that fussed. Just keep an eye on them <3

UGH YES that was me yesterday. I left to do shopping at 10am yesterday and I was BLASTED it was awful. And getting a bus in this heat is just torture omg. I couldn’t breathe yesterday. -_-

1 Like