Wacky NaNoWriMo Support Group - Year Two!

Come one, come all, Wacky Writers!
It’s NaNoWriMo season.

It is now National Novel Writing Month, also known as NaNoWriMo, where writers from all over the world work tirelessly throughout the month of November to write an entire novel (50k words).

Ash (@Forever_D_A) and I will be writing novels this month, taking on the challenge alongside other writers and other fellow Wacky Writers! While we did not have a month of planning like last year, we are coming to you with the fullest intention of bettering you and your novel this November. Not only will we be writing alongside you, but we will also take part in the prompts we post as well!

Interested? Join our exclusive group! If any of that sounds interesting to you, feel free to join our NaNoWriMo group: @The_NaNoers to get notifications when Ash and I make announcements! And don’t forget to check us out on Instagram (wispstagram) to get some additional Wacky NaNo help and support this November!

Not only do you get notifications, but you will be able to take part in our leaderboard, where the highest ranking person will receive an exclusive badge at the end of November! More about this soon, don’t worry!

We can’t wait to hear from you and go through this journey together!

–Ash and Ink

. . . Coded by Ink’s Wandering Cat-Dragon :inkcatdragon: . . .

Want to Join? Introduce yourself! Here’s our form to fill out! We look forward to hearing all about you and your work in progress!

NaNo Username (So we can support you on the official NaNoWriMo site!):
Preferred Pronouns:
Potential Story Titles?:
Genre(s):
Summary (or what you have so far):
Anything else?:

11 Likes

Support Post Archive
November
1. Wacky NaNo Support Post #1: Hook Yourself! HERE
2. Wacky NaNo Support Post #2: Who Are Your Characters? HERE
3. Wacky NaNo Support Post #3: Final Update - How Did You Do? TBA

2 Likes

Wacky NaNo Sprint Schedule

TBA
TBA

See a time here that doesn’t fit your schedule? Let us know! We will be happy to accommodate and add times so that we can all take part in some sprints together!

Want to be a part of a few Wacky NaNo sprints? Join @/The_NaNoers to get notified when we are getting ready to start!

2 Likes

Wacky NaNo Leaderboards!

Want to take part in some friendly competition? Are you a Wacky badge hunter that’s interested in winning a badge?

This year, we only have one leaderboard: highest word count.

The highest word count leaderboard tracks everyone’s highest word count. This updates once a week, and check-in is not required to stay on the leaderboard. But in order to move up, your word count will have to increase. This is based on words written only during November. If you are using NaNoWriMo to write for an already started work in progress, you must report the word count of the words written during the month of November. At the end of the month, should there be a tie for first place, the tie-breaker will be the highest recorded daily word count.

Whoever is in first place will receive a new badge! The badge will be given out on 2021-12-01T05:00:00Z, and the last day to submit a word count is 2021-12-01T04:59:00Z.

Hosts will not participate in the leaderboards to ensure fairness.

This isn’t required. You do not have to enter if you do not want to, this is only for fun.

Highest Word Count Leaderboard!

In which everyone who enters the leaderboard will have the highest word count recorded here.

[username] | [Current Total Word Count] | [Highest Daily Word Count]
1. [username] | [Current Total Word Count] | [Highest Daily Word Count]
2. [username] | [Current Total Word Count] | [Highest Daily Word Count]
3. [username] | [Current Total Word Count] | [Highest Daily Word Count]
4. [username] | [Current Total Word Count] | [Highest Daily Word Count]
5. [username] | [Current Total Word Count] | [Highest Daily Word Count]

Rankings as of 2021-11-01T04:00:00Z
In order to participate in the leaderboard, please tag either @Forever_D_A and/or @W.L.Ink and give us the following information: username, current total word count, and highest word count.

2 Likes

Reserved

2 Likes

Hello again, everyone! It’s totally not almost 2:20AM right now :sweat_smile:

Here’s my form (I’m not as together as I was last year, dang college lol)–

NaNo Username (So we can support you on the official NaNoWriMo site!): W.L.Ink
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Potential Story Titles?: No title yet ;–;
Genre(s): High Fantasy, hidden dystopian
Summary (or what you have so far): This is suuuper rough, I’m just writing for fun this time around.

A story about how a girl, who seemingly has no magic, becomes the most powerful mage after a horrifying accident.

Anything else?: Just a rewrite of an old novel that doesn’t have a good summary or title heh.

Wish me luck, I’m reverting back to my pantsing ways and no more plantsing lol

5 Likes

NaNo Username (So we can support you on the official NaNoWriMo site!): EliGregory

Preferred Pronouns: thy/thm

Potential Story Titles?: Saturnalia

Genre(s): Cosmic/Gothic Horror

Summary (or what you have so far): Adored at last in a world where you’ve only known disdain, would you follow your admirer into hell itself?

:wilted_flower: :wilted_flower: :wilted_flower:

Iyan Lutton is nothing. He holds no special talents, no remarkable skills in a world where artistic expression is the only way his people know. Resigned to distant worship, his view is shaken when a foreigner visits, her eyes interested not in those with singing voices or delicate hands, but in his modesty and unwavering truth. Bewildered by her attraction, Iyan hardly hesitates to follow her back to her homeland, where a once-in-a-century celebration is to last for the next three days. The deeper the revelry takes them into the woods, however, the more Iyan is forced to question his reality, his purpose, and most importantly, his survival.

Anything else?:
my supposed-to-be nano for last year, before i wrote a surprise story instead. very excited about this next installment in my severin quilby series :slight_smile: also, nanowrimo.org now let’s you see your buddys’ progress in a much clearer way *ie, your percentage, updates, etc. ee! also also: https://www.dabblewriter.com/ can set up your NaNoWriMo progress for freeeee, it’s super amazing already <3333

4 Likes

Haha, I’m back for a second round!

totally not 1:35 am for me too–

I’m super excited to rewrite my entire book and finish it with 50k words or more (because I’m very ambitious :relieved:)

NaNo Username: Aevyn A. Maestryn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Story Titles: Flight of Kestrel
Genres: High Fantasy, Adventure, Romance (although I’m terrible at writing it), Action
Summary: A war has been wreaking havoc on the country of Ellstryle. A prophecy foretold of: Kestrel, princess of the Fae; her betrothed and soldier, Noctis; and two other strangers who will bring peace once again to the world. But only if they survive through the war itself and the battle to conquer their past and themselves. As the tides start to side with the Humans, only the prophesied four can break through the shackles that hold them back to find a way to end the war. Or die trying.
Anything else?: Since I have everything I want down, it’s only a means of developing the characters and understanding more about them and improving the plot, writing and storyline!

4 Likes

NaNo Username (So we can support you on the official NaNoWriMo site!): Mrso134
Preferred Pronouns: She
Potential Story Titles?: Polarised Fates
Genre(s): Chick lit/romance
Summary (or what you have so far): When Savannah and Miles Taylor found out they couldn’t conceive, their lives were crushed. Having picked up the pieces, they decided to use an anonymous donor to achieve their dreams of having a child.
They are both relieved and excited when the donation works, and they are expecting a child.

Oscar Ford, Savannah’s new boss, is both intriguing and friendly. What she never expected was for someone to come into her life like he had and flip it upside down.
And then they find out that their paths run deeper than they originally thought…
Anything else?: Couldn’t sleep last night, so I cracked 600 words out before 3am. Now I’m gonna try and do more :rofl: it’s also my birthday tomorrow so I always hate the beginning of NaNo as I always get behind :rofl: but I can pick it up and dust off by the 3rd XD

6 Likes

NaNo Username (So we can support you on the official NaNoWriMo site!): A.R.Willows
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Potential Story Titles?: ???
Genre(s): fanfiction
Summary (or what you have so far): fire emblem three houses “rewrite” fanfic lol
Anything else?: life feels just so packed atm but let’s DO THIS!

4 Likes

has anyone written yet today? I wrote my first 1,704!

4 Likes

NaNo Username (So we can support you on the official NaNoWriMo site!): DomiSotto
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Potential Story Titles?: Alchemical Bond
Genre(s): Izekai, Paranormal, Fantasy
Summary (or what you have so far):

Steffan plays a soldier in REICH: THE DOMINANCE video game, when he is reincarnated as an enslaved golem-assassin in a city ruled by alchemy and seduction. He must experience a mysterious Moment of Transcendence to win back his free will. Too bad that he’s not at all philosophically inclined.

Anything else?: this is a complete rewrite of a pantsed, disjointed mess I scribbled a couple of years back. I really want to make it into a readable novel no more than 60K words, because I need a finished product for WP Stars program NaNo challenge by December 1st. Wish me luck!

5 Likes

Ooh, congrats! I’m waiting till after school to be able to write! or maybe procrastinate on hw and write :eyes:

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Alright, so what if this story ends up as a comedy or something stupid? As long as I get 50k.

2 Likes

You’ve so got this!!

4 Likes

Week One: Hook Yourself!
If you’re bored writing your story, then I can guarantee no one wants to read it. So let’s start with the interesting part! The bit you’re excited to write. That chapter you’re dreaming about. Those ideas that call out to you in the middle of the night, just craving to be written–Write them. It’s only the first draft, you can come back and reorganize the book later, but you have fifty thousand words to get through so why not start with what you’re most excited to write?

Here are some starter ideas if you’re stuck this week!
1. Your main character looks out the window and sees…
2. Your character wakes up thinking “Oh no, what have I done…”
3. Pick up the newspaper (or open a news app lol) the first headline you read is about your main character
4. Your main characters best friend or lover find out about your MC’s darkest secret
5. You’ve always loved doing ___ but today it feels wrong… Why?
6. Deep in the middle of the dark dark woods there lived a horrible, horrendous, terrible, tremendous…
7. The one thing you love most in the world disappears
8. A squirrel knocks on the door, You open it and the squirrel says…
9. You wake up as a robot
10. Your favorite ____ tells you it doesn’t love you anymore

In addition to all of these, please let us know how your week is going and how long you have been participating in NaNoWriMo! @The_NaNoers

6 Likes

NaNo Username: akje

Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Potential Story Titles?: City of Paper or Paper City (I can’t decide which sounds better)

Genre(s): historical fiction about 9/11

Summary (or what you have so far): Faiza plans to meet her identical twin Aisha in the sky lobby on the 78th floor at 9 am. She hasn’t seen Aisha since her sister ran away from home as a teen to escape their tyrannical father. Last night on the phone, Aisha insisted she had information that would change everything Faiza ever believed about their parents and their life in America.

But this is September 11, 2001. The sky lobby is in the North tower of the World Trade Center, and the tower has a date with destiny at 8:46 am.

7 Likes

Funnily, one of my chapters was partially due to a headline that would NOT get out of my head, it was like, ‘a man caught crossing the border with 5000 contraband leeches’ This headline still torments me 2 years later. Lol.

5 Likes

omg that is TERRIFYING! thank goodness he got caught :sweat_smile:

it’s really such a good story/chapter inspo tho lol

3 Likes