WackyWriters Presents: FROST - the music-based writing app ✍ 🎵

@alcoholandcaffeine @LacySheridan I’ve tried the mobile version and it works for me (the music.) I’ve noticed that I have to click the ‘next page’ arrow and turn up the volume keys on my phone for the music to turn on. Try it and see if it works for you guys.

2 Likes

Good to know! I finally got some actual computer time this afternoon and it worked great, the Rage theme got me a huge chunk of words, way more than I’ve written in a while. I’m about to head back on and try to wrap up this chapter before bed. I’ll try that out on mobile tomorrow!

3 Likes

I can’t even get to the ‘write’ button on most themes, but I will give it a shot. Edit: nope, still not working for me, but that’s okay because I can’t really write on mobile anyway.

So glad to hear it got your groove going!! :blush:

1 Like

Me too! I was stuck on that chapter for a week and I ended up flying through it.

2 Likes

Oh wow that sounds amazing :heart_eyes: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Now I’m only slightly jealous, haha, I need to sit down for a nice ol’ writing streak myself!

1 Like

Do it!

2 Likes

My favorite is the rage theme, but I’m in love with all of them :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: ngl i’m not a fan of the holiday one but thats just bc ive heard to much holiday music lol

3 Likes

The Rage theme is… All the rage, huh :awesome: :rofl: think I’m gonna try it out tonight :eyes:

3 Likes

You definitely need to :eyes:

2 Likes

:joy:

the dark theme is also :ok_hand:

3 Likes

I’ve only tried Rage so far but I’m definitely going to try out all of them

3 Likes

Hello everyone! Mansidak here, founder of Frost. Thank you so much for trying out Frost and using it to write your masterpiece. Thanks to the people behind Wacky Writers to write about in length and sharing it with all of you.

I’ve been working on adding some features to the next update and would love to get your feedback on just a few things. As Maria already shared, I made a small feedback page where you can share all your thoughts about Frost. It’s really small and you can skip whatever you want. Here’s the form: Version 3.0 Feedback.

If you have any features to request, make sure to mention that and add in your email so you are notified whenever it drops. Or you can follow Frost on IG @frost.app to stay updated. Once again, thanks for using Frost and lemme know if you have any questions!

Regards,
Mansidak

8 Likes

Interesting. Will check it out later.

2 Likes

Lemme know how it goes!

3 Likes

This is really neat. The Room definitely adds another level to my writing playist that helped me crank out some writing one night. Now, I just need Google docs to have a dark mode, so when I’m writing at night, the white background doesn’t blind me lol.

4 Likes

Oh, shoot :persevere: you could try writing in Frost? :eyes: Most themes are fairly dark. The one thing I’m missing is formatting (like italics or bold), but everything else should be just like a Google doc :thinking: (I prefer Word, myself, though)

3 Likes

I prefer word as well, but my personal laptop is significantly slower than my work, and I don’t want to put a bunch of personal documents on my work computer lol. I have it all back up to Google drive anyways, so docs works fine.

I tried writing in the frost app, and the formatting, or lack there of, was to jarring for my workflow. I ended up changing the page and text color of the doc to kind of fake a dark mode. It’s alright, but still not like a real one lol

1 Like

…you’re not supposed to do that? Ah, oops… :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :rofl:

Fair enough. I haven’t had a chance to test it out for long, but the formatting is a downside for me, too. But for me it’s also more about being such a stickler for Word formatting, I can’t even use Google docs lol. Like…the non-crooked quotation marks drive me nuts :crazy_face: So I’m a bit of a special case haha

1 Like

It was a shift for me as well, but you can actually set up Google docs a lot like word if you know how. I actually haven’t noticed if it does the quotation mark slant (I think it does, now at least). I know I had to set up the em dash and the line/paragraph spacing to match the style I was used to in word.

It’s still has its quirks, but it’s better than waiting 10 minutes for my personal laptop to get it’s act together.

2 Likes