Wackywriters writing website?

Found it! It’s because I was trying to find it in my phone so I didn’t see the ‘sent’ option. I’ll PM it to you!

5 Likes

My concept for monetization is a…let’s call it sliding payment option, for the site.

Ideally, authors would be able to schedule posts. They could either opt in to the “paid” program, meaning their work would be monetized (and they’d get a percentage), or the “free” program which is supported by free or “pay as you go” users.

I will explain. I have always loved Webtoons concepts of either paying for the next comic “right now” or waiting a week after it is posted for it to be free. So I would probably adopt a similar model. Readers could either:
A) pay for a subscription and all content will be ad-free and available as soon as it is posted.
B) “pay as they go,” meaning if they are engrossed in a book or want to read final chapters before they’re available to everybody, they can pay for individual chapters
C) be on the “free” plan, which would be ad-driven, mostly. Users can opt to watch ads for roughly 2-3 minutes before each “locked” chapter.
D) be on the free-est of the free plans, which is still ad-driven (10 seconds ads here and there between chapters/on the main site) but they won’t unlock any “premium” chapters and will have to wait until they’re free for everybody sans “opt-in” ad watching.

I also would be interested in pursuing author-driven revenue, like if an author wants to advertise their work on our site, we would absolutely do that for nominal fees (their work would be interspersed between chapters/as ads to unlock “premium” chapters).

13 Likes

Yup, it should’ve been @JCRohrer.

6 Likes

As long as it’s not as intrusive as Wattpad. That puts so many people off. Maybe every 5-10 chapters, or something. One after every chapter is irritating.

5 Likes

Realistically 2 or 3 chapters. Tbf I never use the app, just the webpage, even when I’m on mobile, so I might not be the best audience here

4 Likes

Omfg yes. I hate the Wattpad ad mobile model. It is the worst. Like SayWatt said, I use web when I can to avoid it. The ads are too long and too frequent. I would aim for 10 second ads at most between every 3-5 chapters (probably depending on word count, like if you have 3 chapters of 500 words each, seems silly to put an ad after every 1500 words but if you have a chapter that’s 10k words long, well… that’s a little different lol).

6 Likes

yea, 5-10 sounds a bit too good to be true ngl OxO

4 Likes

And please I will do anything to make the ads NOT TIK TOK (at least not Tik Tok) or ANY STUPID ONLINE GAME as well. Also, after 5-10k words doesn’t sound bad either, if not chapters.

4 Likes

i just get these giant white blocks on web cuz ad blocker and it helps a LOT. before ad blocker… crash crash crash crash crash

no garden/home/fish/la de da scapes lolololol

7 Likes

no no what’s that latest one? Like hero quests or something :laughing:

3 Likes

those ads are honestly terrifying >.>

3 Likes

The worst ads are those stupid life games that are like: should I land my hot neighbour my milk? and the options are like: >Yes do it! You might get more you bargained for! or >NO! YOU MIGHT GET PREGNANT! or >Whatever, bet he likes my brother anyway…

7 Likes

RIGHT? and i only play like kids phone games like freaking angry birds so its soooo innapropriate. hence my extreme love for wisp ads. i want MORE of those lololol

5 Likes

Jesus is watching them. :flushed:

6 Likes

Y’all are hilarious :joy::joy: (also I may or may not be on level like 2000 of Gardenscapes :eyes: )

But the thing about Tik tok and the games ads…they pay more. That’s why everyone uses them. So we may not be able to escape that option.

But I agree the “ooh should I flirt with my hot neighbor” ads are definitely off the table.

10 Likes

Please. I will give my kidney for NO TIK TOK ADS at the very least. You can even Gardenscape me.

5 Likes

Is it mean if I say that’s what premium would be for? :joy::joy::rofl:

7 Likes

Yes. I’m so sick of subscriptions in general To avoid Tik Tok. Please. I will do a naked car wash to raise money in the freezing cold if it means NO TIK TOK ADS :flushed: not even joking haha.

8 Likes

Lmao maybe I could figure out a way to opt in to what ads you’ll watch :rofl: like you have to pick 5 of 10 but then you can avoid the ones you really hate (idek if that’s possible lmao)

“We want to be as user friendly as possible but we need to make money too so pick what you’re willing to sit through!” Lol

11 Likes

I was going to say this. There’s a reason those sh*** mobile game ads are all over.
Shame we can’t get plugins for youtube music premuim ads :joy:

6 Likes