WATTYS 2021 BOOTCAMP -- a mentorship programme

Hello wacky writers! If you’re planning on entering the Wattys 2021, come join us in the bootcamp mentorship programme!

The programme is an annual bootcamp hosted by @SallyMason1 and @neverfakeit on wattpad, aimed at providing feedback and helping writers polish their manuscript to make it wattys ready.

Here you’ll find a list of mentors (including yours truly) to whom you can pitch your stories. If you’re selected as a mentee, your mentor will go through your manuscript with you and help prepare it to the best of its potential.

Don’t worry if you aren’t ready (or aren’t selected) as a mentee, because the bootcamp also offers writing workshops for everyone, now live on discord! It’s a great opportunity to meet new people and make new writer friends :slight_smile:

If you’re interested or have any questions, head on right over to the Wattys Bootcamp Mentors profile on wattpad. You can read the requirements on how to apply as a mentee (or mentor!) in their Bootcamp book, and a discord link to their workshop is also available on their profile!

~ disclaimer ~ the wattys bootcamp mentorship programme is not affiliated to wattpad in any way

7 Likes

I’d love to, but unfortunately I won’t have a completed manuscript this time…
Hopefully you’ll still be a mentor next year!

2 Likes

Hey there,

Your thread looks like it’s better suited to #wacky-classifieds, so I’ve gone ahead and moved it there for you.

–Mari :coolpineapple:

1 Like

If I am heavily editing an already published (but incomplete) story, will it qualify for the Wattys?

I think it does if I remember from previous years this is how another of my of books qualified though it had been originally published before. :thinking:

1 Like

Wattpad hasn’t officially released the rules for Wattys 2021 yet, but going from last year, I’m pretty sure only completed books are eligibe: The 2020 Watty Awards - FAQ - Wattpad.

2 Likes

I have three chapters to go just need to decide on which ending >.< I just need to come to a decision by May. Thanks for answering

2 Likes

No problem. Good luck with your writing, sounds like three chapters is totally doable for the Wattys this year!

2 Likes

Ooh, this sounds so interesting. My manuscript is still REALLY far behind, but I’d love to join the writing workshop.

1 Like

New members are still able to join. The submission to apply for mentors isn’t until May.

1 Like

U P D A T E

The mentor’s list is now up! Submissions to apply for a mentor goes live between May 5 - May 16, so don’t miss out!

Check out the Bootcamp book [here] to find a mentor that fits you. Check out their bios for a general overview, then head on over to their profiles to see their Manuscript Wishlist.

Remember that you can only apply to a maximum of three mentors, and you can only submit one story for the whole programme, so make your choice wisely :wink:

qXNk5tw

2 Likes

U P D A T E

Submission window closes tonight at midnight, Pacific Standard Time! If you still want to join the programme and have someone workshop your Wattys 2021 manuscript with you, now is your last chance!

2 Likes