Wattys Entry?

I want to enter the Wattys 2022, and I have a few stories on my profile that are unfinished, and I’m not sure which one would work best since I decided that I am going to finish Lio in my own time (it’s almost done and it won’t work for the Wattys, but I might enter it as a Plan B), and work on Marvin as a side project.

Jank has the most chapters posted, but I don’t know how much I need to stretch it out for 50k and I’m not sure if it will work as a traditionally published novel. The main character also narrates the story with an accent. It’s about a guy called Donny, and it’s a slice-of-life novel following him and his friends.

The Chronicles of Levi follows Levi and his friends and his rocky relationship with his parents. (It needs a bit more of a plot developed tbh).

Happy Hour follows Jerry Jimenez, a man in his early 40s who has four ex-wives and runs a club called Happy Hour from the money he made being CEO of a local TV company. He is trying to find his own form of happiness, and he doesn’t approve of his daughter Sara’s boyfriend. He’s trying to juggle everything at once too. His exes, his job, and his family life.

I Must Confess is about a French actor called Roman Algabhar who only gets comedy roles and sidekick characters. This is his first drama role as the main character playing a priest in an international movie. He also falls in love with his co-star and that makes things difficult.

I also have this idea called Heist about this guy called Genesis who is a vigilante, but he’s also a himbo and he gets easily distracted. His superpower is that he can jump high and fly. He’s trying to take down a gang of bank robbers, but he needs a sidekick to do it, so he ends up enlisting someone else incompetent who throws knives as his sidekick called Sharpshooter and they get into more trouble than they first expect.

Which idea sounds best?
  • Jank
  • The Chronicles of Levi
  • Happy Hour
  • I Must Confess
  • Heist

0 voters

3 Likes

I voted for one, but really any of them would work if you could make the word count. Would it be possible to add a subplot to one of them to stretch it out? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

3 Likes

I don’t really want to have to add a subplot. I don’t see why I should if the story works without one.

2 Likes

Happy Hour and I Must Confess are drawing lol.

2 Likes

:sob: Still drawing!

1 Like

:open_mouth:

!!!

1 Like

I am keeping this open util I go to bed, which is in another 3-4 hours.

1 Like

Okay I didn’t know what the votes were and made it tie again but for the record I really feel like “I Must Confess” would be a great plot for a romance novel with drama and parallels from the movie and his real life that you could potentially play on lmao. It just sounds really cool and if it was a published book or a movie/tv show, I’d be so into it!!

3 Likes

Fair enough :flushed: big tie-er Luki.

2 Likes

LMAO SRRY

2 Likes

It’s okay :stuck_out_tongue: You gave fair points.

3 Likes

Just thought I’d give my two cents right? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I appreciate it a lot, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No problem hugs

2 Likes

hiiigh five

2 Likes

BUMP.

1 Like

Keeping this open for another hour.

1 Like

Nah I’ll keep it up overnight lol

1 Like

I Must Confess won! Thanks to everyone who voted or gave their input. Much appreciated.

3 Likes

I’m not sure what would be best for Wattpad, but for you, it’s got to be something you can invest in, in a short time, or it will be like pulling teeth for ONC.

5 Likes