Watty's Winner Gets 5K Now???

When did they start giving away five thousand dollars in the Watty’s. Is it for real?

1 Like

I think they have done it before, way back in the 2014 era if I am correct? I just briefly remember being new to the Wattpad scene and they would have a lot of different prizes for the Wattys during those years, like one of them was getting traditionally published and another was a couple thousand dollars? But this is just from a very small memory… I’m not too sure if any of it happened as it was so long ago. They do, however, try to make the Watty Awards different each year, both with prizes and how it’s played, so it makes the contest more intriguing.

Seems so, based on their official book on the official profile. They are selecting nine winners for the cash prize (one of each language eligible to participate), and it is open world wide (per wherever the contest is legal in that country) so it at least gives everyone a chance to win that grand prize. It seems quite nice considering that in the past, these types of “grand prizes” were only given to a single person, and not a group. I like that they’re continuing to expand on the winners. c:

3 Likes

So are they all getting 5k?

2 Likes

Yup. Nine grand prize winners, each getting an award of 5K. Crazy since that’s 45K right there. :exploding_head:

1 Like

i hope i get that chance when i finish my story

3 Likes

Good luck!! I hope you win it!!! :hugs:

1 Like

They also now will pay stipends to some people who make it to the new Creators program