We're launching the biggest update to Frost next week! 🦌

Hey all!

I remember this forum really loved Frostwriter.com when we first introduced it two years ago. I’m super excited to announce that we’re launching the biggest update ever to Frost next week! The best part is… we’re sending out private betas this week :shushing_face: and if anyone wants to try it out, please send us a DM on Instagram or email at [email protected].

We can’t wait to see how the Wacky Writers’ community reacts to Frost 5.0

Here’s the teaser: Frost on Instagram: "The biggest update in three years, Frost 5.0, dropping anytime now. Stay tuned."

Best,
Mansidak

5 Likes

Oh cool. I haven’t been on that site in a while, but I may return once again.

1 Like

Ooh I’m excited! I love using frost to write on!

1 Like

I’m excited to hear that and the promo looks awesome.

I do hope that you’ll schedule your updates a bit better in the future.
Last time I tried to use Frost over Christmas break when I had plenty of time to write. Frost was out the entire time. The only time I had to use it, I couldn’t. Very sad.

1 Like

Oh, sweet! I can’t wait to try it out once it gets released :eyes: I’ve been using it for writing and it’s pretty nice for streaming writing too! So glad it’s getting another update :grin:

Will it be more practical?

What is frost? Ive never heard of it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s like a website where you can write to different types of background music.

1 Like

Oh neat! I dont listen to music when I write, but ive always liked writeordie and wish they would come out with an update. XD

Maybe ill have to check it out when I start my next project.

1 Like

But it’s not very user-friendly or practical and it can’t save my text on the web browser … it wants me to download everything as a text file and if I make one change, I still have to do that. I don’t understand why people think it’s innovative from that POV, it’s not.

1 Like

I haven’t used it in a while so maybe that is why.
What type of computer do you have? Can that also play a factor even if a little?

1 Like

A normal one, Mac. Firefox.

1 Like

Awesome. They have different music for different moods.

I use Microsoft Bing.

So, it really might not matter what you use. Hopefully, the update could potentially change that.

Sorry if it feels like I am repeating things.

1 Like

If it had basic functions, yes, of course. For the ability to save things, yes.

1 Like

Yeah, I also haven’t been there in such a long time.
Don’t know when I might return. If the creator decides to do that, I shall return happily.

So, I agree.

1 Like

casually inserts self because this looks interesting

1 Like

I don’t get the point of it, it’s all bells and whistles. It’s not like Docs or Word, where you can practically save things, store them in the cloud, and come back to where you left off without scrolling. Make margins. I don’t understand the hype either. I can create in fullscreen and play music and change background colors. It’s just marketed very well.

1 Like

Shh! Don’t let the creator know that! LOL!

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Why? It’s practical constructivism. It could be used to improve the program. If no one doesn’t say anything, then the creator’s not going to know. I’m giving my honest feedback on the program. I don’t hate it, I just don’t know what they are going for. I’m not trying to start a fight.

1 Like