We're Looking for Moderators!

Depend on the animated movies, right?

A lot of anime that I seen are extremely flashy.

2 Likes

Thank you for your consideration! I don’t want to put a damper on other people’s fun, so I’m generally quiet about the GIF thing and won’t really complain.

3 Likes

Mm, it also depends on context. Like if I’m sitting down to watch a movie, I can watch that movie. But if I’m trying to do things and something is moving/flashing in some part of my screen, I can’t focus. That’s why moving ads in articles and ‘free’ apps frustrate me a lot. As long as it doesn’t move, I’m happy

2 Likes

Maybe so, but you might not be the only user with similar sensitivities and I would hate to trigger anyone with wild emojis. Like me, for example, I’m super sensitive to certain tastes (like vegetables, especially, they’re really bitter to me), and I’m always really grateful when someone offers me a milder alternative to say, asparagus which I literally cannot tolerate lol. So I understand the need to some extent.

4 Likes

Ahh, the taste sensitivity is awful, isn’t it? Makes restaurants, dining out, and eating at other places so frustrating and honestly terrifying

3 Likes

is there any way you could set up something that would turn it off like she mentioned earlier?

1 Like

Ahh so it’s more like… Moving images distracts you from your works…

I understand now. Watching movies are okay, but random images on the forum would be bad.

2 Likes

We literally can never get a food order correct right now with COVID lol. I have to be super specific and even then, once, I had to go into a fast food restaurant and they had to remake my order three times before they got it right. I felt like such a…well, a Karen. lol

I’m a bad admin, I’ve derailed this thread so badly. :joy:

5 Likes

Yes! Thank you!

It’s sometimes difficult to explain, since there’s no way to compare. I don’t know what a ‘normal’ person experiences, and ‘normal’ people can’t imagine what I experience. You conjure up some really interesting analogies and such over the years

4 Likes

it’s alright
it’s your forum lol

3 Likes

I’m an even worse mod applicant, I steered you towards this. Uhh, party in Whispering Wilds?

Link

3 Likes

Okay I will drag all of you to the chat thread then lol

1 Like

You’re fine :joy:

1 Like

Hunger Games. :eyes:

2 Likes

That’s what the best admins do. :wink::joy:

7 Likes

Incorrect, the topic is about looking for a moderator… and thus far you’re demonstrating your own skills in how to carefully consider everyone’s input in a topic and concept. People ask questions related to staffing and forum management, and you’re providing a diverse and inclusive spread of answers as pertaining to such. Even that reply is regarding to considerations in personal sensitivity and how it might apply and relate to forum management, while collecting a diverse spread of comparisons that relate and further this in concept. Anyone reading through the entire chain of replies gets plenty of information into how this ship runs, which is going to be really important for anyone who is considering making an application.

As such, and it seems like there are many who agree, you’re doing good. Just make sure you don’t overwhelm yourself in the process, a proper leader needs to be capable of properly delegating (which I guess was a big objective of this topic too).

11 Likes

same :pleading_face: :point_right: :point_left: