We're Looking for Moderators!

I’m like tetralingual, but …

I’m Era!
Well you know…your lovely human…?

1 Like

:sneezing_face: aishhhh Ariaaaaaa

2 Likes

I’m thinking about this and have some questions!:blush:

• Is it an absolute requirement to have 6 months of previous Discourse forum use?

• Do the moderators have the ability to take pauses from being on the forums (when telling the team first)?

• Do you have to have any IT knowledge or something like that to be a moderator?

3 Likes

hi there! thanks for your interest! i believe i have some of the answers you were looking for. :blush:

yes, we here at Wacky Writers are all volunteers and our lovely Site Wizard @CJtheSiteWizard understands that we’re all busy people with normal lives outside of WW. if you require time away, we will accommodate you to the best of our abilities with the hopes that you supply us proper notice. :slightly_smiling_face:

if you have any IT experience/knowledge (coding and the likes), that’s great because we always need more eyes on the backend to make sure the site’s in tiptop shape! and if you don’t have IT experience/knowledge, that’s still great! some of our mods don’t have this particular skill set, but we have many more areas of WW where mods are needed (design, chatters, writing areas, sys, so on and so forth), so please don’t let this stop you from applying. :slightly_smiling_face:

it is preferred if you have experience with Discourse forum use due to the familiarity you would then have with the backend of the site, but if you are a bit shy of this timeframe we can work with you.

please let me know if you have any other questions! :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you so much for the answers!:blush:

2 Likes

no problem! :blush:

2 Likes

Would you apply if you could?

2 Likes

I’m too young to be a mod but I’m from Canada and I speak fluent French so if there’s anything I can do to help aside from being a mod just let me know?

Mm, I don’t know. Mods tend to get a lot of shit

2 Likes

psst. If you’re within 3 months of turning 18, submit the app anyway :wink:

4 Likes

What about… say… 3 years…

1 Like

lol while unfortunately we can’t have anyone younger than 18 on our mod team, we always encourage users to be “unofficial” community leaders and help newbies get around and answer questions.

And who knows, maybe someday we’ll have a jr. mods program. :wink:

1 Like

That would actually be amazing

The junior mod program

I can’t seem to quote stuff

1 Like

We’re talking about ways to do this, so just continue to hang out and have a good time and if it changes, we’ll let you know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there! :blush:

I’m sorry to say that at this time Wacky Writers is only able to accept applications from those 18 and older or within the 3 month range of turning 18. This is due to legal reasons.

Those who are interested in modding and fulfill the age requirement are encouraged to apply no matter their location. We here at WW hope to become a huge pot of gumbo with people from all over the world, all different backgrounds and time zones, hence the extra request of mods from outside the US was added as something we are looking for especially.

Also, for those who meet our requirements, it is not necessary to know or be fluent in a second language, but it does help us diversify our staff if you do have this particular skill set.

I hope that I helped to answer your questions. Please let me know if you have any others. :blush:

Ah. @XIsabellaAkariX01 I’m sorry, I thought those were legitimate questions since this thread is reserved for inquiries about the modding position. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oops, I’ll bookmark this and come back in four months.

2 Likes

Ooh, that would be great :eyes:

2 Likes

Will the panel interview be done with a video call?

I’m interested in being a mod but if I have to actually talk, I’ll probably fail the interview xD