What even is a good reason for a villain to want to conquer then rule the world or universe?

What is a really good reason for the villain to conquer then rule the world or universe without it sound cliche?

It’s hard to think of a good reason for the villain to have for conquering then ruling the entire planet or whole universe.

Most of the reasons are cliche and so stupid.

Seriously, what is a good reason? Because I plan on going down this road so do not change my mind!

The only reason I have for a villain to conquer and rule the world or universe, is because they want to seek the type of change that no one else is willing to bring into the world/universe even if that means ruling it after their conquering.

BUT EVEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAS BEEN DONE SO MANY TIMES!!!

Seriously, what is a non-typical reason for a villain to want to conquer then rule the entire world or universe?

Lend me your thoughts!

5 Likes

Bump.

You need a list?

1. Conquering saves the most valued people, in their view. (Failed hero approach.)
  2. A need to control everything.
  3. The only human of value is me, so everything is mine.
  4. It just happened this way, as everyone crossed me. (Antihero type.)
  5. Insanity, no clear goal in mind but still manages to take over everything.
  6. God told me to.
  7. There is no morality, so I do what I want.

Probably be a good idea to pull up those chaotic-neutral diagram thingies and figure it out from each personality to spread it out more.

6 Likes

Someone stole his backpack with important plans.
Someone stole his bike with food in it.

3 Likes

These are pretty good.

About the reason that I listed, where would that one fit in all of this?

1 Like

I mean you can conquer the world for those reasons alone, but that would work better in a comical setting rather than a serious setting, in my opinion!

2 Likes

Why does that have to be serious? You can have that be satire too, since it’s been overdone too many times.

2 Likes

You’re right, but I am not good with making comedy that why I stated that.

:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Fair enough :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My bad!

LOL!

1 Like

Because he is bored

2 Likes

So, what you’re saying is that boredom is leads to insanity or rather in this case something “evil”?

1 Like

3, 5, 7.

2 Likes

A mixture of 3 and 7 for me.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

Interesting.

But would a reader accept a reason like that???

1 Like

Depends on the story and villain

1 Like

I suppose so.

What about in a serious (not too serious) story dealing with epic adventures and other stuff?

1 Like

It can be done

1 Like

I mean I can try to make a bored psychotic villain would wanna conquer then rule the world or universe for the simple fact that he was bored. Yet shouldn’t there be another reason to add to the sheer boredom that the villain is facing.

Maybe he bored with the way things are in their world or universe and just wanna rule the world or universe for entertainment purposes.

There can be so many reasons for the boredom.

Maybe I am overthinking things. LOL!

1 Like