What if you got all the onomatopoeia wrong? Whacking a bag of chips?

Yeah, I don’t know that, sorry!

1 Like

The wolf turned his head toward the moon. All was silent, anticipating the call of the wild. Then the wolf ping-ponged and all creatures stiffened in attention.

3 Likes

This one :wink:

2 Likes

Just one hyphenated word makes this a comedy lol

2 Likes

I do not know what to make of that…
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

That’s the name of someone’s new band :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

That was my first response, too XD But it’s kind of catchy.

2 Likes

The field was covered in dandelions, daffodils, and tulips. She sat among them and enjoyed the whacking wind. She listened to the stream screaming nearby. Bees boomed as they trudged from flower to flower, crunching the nectar. It was a lovely spring day.

2 Likes

It is catchy though in a weird way…
LOL!

2 Likes

Then it’s a joke.
Very fine line and completely subjective.

2 Likes

Of course :wink:

I’ve tried writing poetry like that…I cannot read it without cringing today XD But I suppose if you do it right, with the right amount of comedy and the right amount of cleverness, you can write poetry using onomatopoeia in the wrong way.

2 Likes

I randomly chose a topic and scrolled blindly.

The phone clattered and meandered…

The wolf sniffed.

Mary clunked.

It made sense until it didn’t :joy:.

3 Likes

I read it as

Mary clucked :chicken:

The wolf came close. So close Mary could hear him snorting. He snorted her and she kept still. A breeze passed them by with a ding-dong. The wolf moved away. Mary held her breath, but she could feel a sneeze coming on. Unable to hold it in any longer, she clucked. There was a resounding “ahem!” coming from the wolf. She saw it approaching, mooing in her direction.

3 Likes

Terrifying in all the right way lol

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.