What is the best writing platform for a newbie author to post on?

I’ve been struggling for a while with finding a platform I can use to share my work. I tried WP way back in the day when the competition wasn’t so steep but now it’s just a little too overwhelming for me. SO, preferably, I’m looking for different sites.

I’m not too worried about growing a platform at the moment, I just want to make sure my writing is actually readable first lol. So, I would like something that is a good place to frequent that will give me good feedback.

I’m also wondering how much of my book I should realistically be through before I start posting. Is it okay to post the first draft or should I finish it and polish it a bit before asking for feedback?

5 Likes

I usually publish the first draft, then edit when I finish. When I do R4R, I usually get feedback on what I can work on and what’s good.

A lot of websites I use that I think are good is RoyalRoad, Inkspired, and Readict. I used to use Inkitt, but it’s just like Wattpad, in a sense. I think RoyalRoad is good if you’re looking for feedback - you usually get comments pretty quickly.

Another website I use is RadishFiction. The only difference between Radish and the other websites I mentioned above are that Radish is a paid program. Meaning that you have to apply and they’ll review your application. If they like your book, they’ll invite you to publish on Radish. Although, I wouldn’t suggest it for a first time author.

There are websites like GoodNovel, Dreame, and Anystories, but those may or may not be scams. Some people stand by them, some don’t, so it’s really up to you. Just a warning, once you post on these sites, you can’t take your book down

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely be checking some of these sites out :smile:

1 Like

Anytime!

1 Like

do not do quotev

2 Likes

Ah that was my platform for writing into early teens. I know that platform didn’t exactly had a filter on and there were risky topics that people wrote about.

Now I just use the Quotev because it’s has a comfortable tool for writing but do not post there anymore.

2 Likes

As a beginner writer, I started off on Sweek. It’s a pretty quiet platform, but once you reach out and make friends, the reads come in. Last I checked, it seemed dead, but that’s probably because I’m not that active. they used to have some pretty cool contests, monthly micro fiction ones and a summer thing, kinda like the wattys but it was called like…sweek stars?? or something. Anyway, yeah, that website was where i started out. I liked it. It may be dead now, but there are a good amount of people there so i would give it a shot.

1 Like

Okay, I’ll check it out! No harm in that.

1 Like

that platform caused me to develop extreme trauma

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I hope you are doing better now.

1 Like

Does RoyalRoad get any ownership rights from you posting on their site? @ShreyaSolaris I’m a little spooked by the message it gives you before you publish on there so I just wanted to make sure I’m not giving them my book or anything by using their site.

1 Like

Not that I know of. You just have to say that your book is published on Wattpad or whatnot. They’re very strict on their author copyright

1 Like

Oh okay. That’s good then! I don’t have to worry about anyone stealing from me on there lol

1 Like

The last time I wrote on that wesbite and posted something was 8 years ago, apparently lol. I kept it up to show how cringe my writing, lol.

1 Like

True, even though some books wouldn’t be allowed to be posted on Wattpad but Quotev is where I started. By writing Damien Wayne fanfiction :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

LOL fanfic? Mine was a corny original fic.

1 Like

Yep Iread a good fanfic and it’s inspired me to write one once I wrote I wouldn’t able to stop.l Now I’m a Romance/Fantasy/Werewolf writer on Wattpad, Inkitt also on Dreame.

1 Like

It depends on what you are writing:

YA and Chicklit or Dark or Paranormal Romance—Wattpad, Tapas
Trashy, Possessive, Sex-slave, Alpha etc Romance—Inkitt
BxB, Omegaverse, Fantasy—Tapas
LitRpg, Izekai, boys stories—Royal Road

Anything else, it doesn’t matter where you post it

3 Likes

I provide my personal insight here

I think for feedback, maybe Tapas because they have a community and the editor features are good.

1 Like

Thanks! I didn’t even think about genre playing a role in which site to pick

1 Like