What is your characters' pain tolerance like...physical?

On a physical level, where does your characters’ pain tolerance range from, depending on the situation?.

Here are the pain level tolerance in physical ranges:

1. Meh, I feel absolutely nothing at all
  2. Nah, doesn’t hurt at all/barely feels anything
  3. Just a little pain, but nothing to worry about.
  4. It hurts when I think about it, but other than that it is nothing.
  5. Yeah, it hurts but just a little.
  6. Now, I am feeling pain and it is starting to annoy me.
  7. Yes, it is really hurting and affecting me greatly.
  8. Damn…this hurts!
  9. Why won’t this pain stop? I am really suffering at the moment!
  10. Wowzers! This is really painful and I am not coping well with this pain.
  11. Can’t move…can’t breathe…in tremendous shocking pain…I am going to die…aren’t I?
  12. HOLY HELL ON A CRACKER! THIS IS EXTREMELY PAINFUL! AM I DYING?! BECAUSE IT FEELS LIKE I AM DYING!

You can use any situation to best describe how your character’s pain tolerance is.

Thoughts and feelings?

3 Likes

10 and 11 should be switched around lol.

1 Like

I should now that I am looking at it better.
LOL!

1 Like

UPDATE: I’ve changed it.

Now, you have to answer which is your characters’ pain tolerance at.

Pissy, the vampire

My stare is more painful than your feeble
attempts of hurting me.

2 Likes

Ha!
I am getting intimidated by the stare. LOL!

1 Like

That is the one thing he always wins at. Staring contests.

1 Like

Must sucks like hell for the other person who is getting the stare down of the century or millennium, since Pissy is a vampire and all.

LOL!

1 Like

@J.L.O
@NotARussianBot
@TheTigerWriter
@alenatenjo
@Akje
@copyedit
@SecretDurham
@DollyTH

Anybody else want to give it a shot?

3 Likes

I don’t think I naturally write people who have your 8 or higher. I have a high threshold, and you write what you know, so this idea of being in so much agony was hard for me to grasp until I lost my first tooth to pregnancy decay.

2 Likes

So, something lower than that?
Which one then?!

My characters can’t feel pain until the very end of the story, which is boring for me :laughing:

2 Likes

Nothing specific is coming to mind form older stories so nothing is memorable pain-wise. Currently, the two dealing with pain is Wolf & X Bunny and X Bunny is living under a curse to have “traits of rabbits” --and a rabbit can kick hard enough to break their back. So these beings can accidentally paralyze themselves over a fool move, and magically be back up the next day if they aren’t ended right then and there. The beginning scene is X Bunny being tormented by someone who is interrogating them by pulling out their fingernails (which just grew back within minutes), and the dumb bunny is just scoffing that they didn’t break it’s back which would have lasted longer.

I never did write the pain threshold for that, but the attitude is certainly a 1.

Then there’s The Essence of U. Daniel avoids fighting all the time, but he occasionally does with the friend he hates, and he treats the pain like it’s an everyday part of his suffering this guy’s life.

2 Likes

I am going to give a random scenario/situation, can you tell me which character will react to the issue base on the situation/scenario…pain wise?

Stubbing your toe?
Falling down some stairs?
Breaking a bone?
Tearing a muscle?
Gash across leg or other body part?
Anything that can cause mild to serious bodily harm?

I am running out of things to say?
Help me out?

I will allow this.
Because either I am feeling weary or just trying to be a bit accepting or something else.

:sweat_smile:

Well, thing is that there’s naturally can’t feel the pain and there’s unnaturally ignore the pain. The latter is just more surly. You don’t know they are hiding except that they are meaner.

1 Like

Ah, I see.

Off-Topic: I really need to stop typing but can’t seem to because I have a SHIT TON of things on my mind and the distraction is a grade A killer, which is sad because I actually want to say things that are pointless or not.

Ugh! I need a break!
LOL!

There’s this thing called “being dramatic when she thinks she needs to be” and Bethany could act as if the pain doesn’t bother her or she can go up a thousand and say she sees the lights and will probably faint/die/become a corpse if this pain does not stop.

3 Likes

LOL!

1 Like

Understandable.

1 Like