What is your favorite part(s)of the writing process?

The title it speaks for itself.

Enjoy!!!

5 Likes

The writing/drafting process! I know many people tend to hate actually writing the book but thats my favorite part. :pleading_face: I love seeing my book come to life. Even if it needs a lot of work, at least the skeleton is there. It brings me joy to read back over my work and see all the best scenes already.

3 Likes

So, the whole writing of the first draft gives you sense of satisfaction or thrill?

1 Like

When I’m in the mood. That’s in bursts.

2 Likes

Yes. It is super exciting to write, especially my favorite scenes ive been waiting for, or surprise scenes I didn’t know about.

1 Like

Awesome. I am glad you find the first draft enjoyable!

1 Like

From full outlining till the end of first draft. That’s so much fun!

2 Likes

I think I like outlining and writing the chapters equally. Each is fun in its own way. To a lesser degree I like making playlists, mood boards, and book covers. And downloading fonts! Omg I love finding the perfect font. Doing research is probably way down at the bottom of the fun meter.

So what’s your favorite part? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

2 Likes

I suppose worldbuilding and creating characters along with making different plots.

2 Likes

When the interdimensional aliens beam the complete story directly into my brain and I’m like, wow… that’s a great story.

2 Likes

The parts that don’t involve editing unless it’s a fun edit :joy:

2 Likes

Development and writing the first draft. I love figuring out all the pieces of the puzzle, even if it’s frustrating sometimes, and I love the actual writing. Outlining is fine but not as fun. And I hate basically everything that comes after the first draft :joy: the finished product is worth all the work but I hate doing it.

Exceot getting the cover. I’m always stressed and terrified until it’s actually getting close to the finalized version then I spend a good 48 hours doing nothing but drooling over it every time

2 Likes

While I love the writing part, the editing to me is my favorite because it means the story is already finished. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The entire (sometimes tortuous) journey from drafting/world building to editing to finishing the (darn little) story is my favorite part XD

2 Likes

I love sprints on here for that.

My hardest part is pre writing but I love the writing part too! Getting beta readers are super hard though on my end

1 Like

That does work for most people. I’ve never actually bothered doing sprints, myself.

1 Like

They’re hard to do now that I have 3 kids(one a NB) but typically they’re great I’m a fast Typer and competitive too but mainly it’s great bc it forces me to sit and go instead of overthinking

2 Likes

My youngest is now 1.5 years. Got a 4 and 6 year old, too. Lol

2 Likes
  1. On-the-go / impromptu world, plot, and character building
  2. When I get toward the end of the story and all the dots I set up start to connect

The actual writing and outlining process for me feels tedious at times, but those two things keep me going and excited to work on the book. I love when random things pop up and brighten up (or add complexity to) the scene(s) I’m working on, and I love seeing all of those new ideas come together for the big picture at the end. It makes writing worth it!

3 Likes

Characterization, I think? I’m 100% uncertain whether I pull that off just fine or decently but playing around with the characters be it in the profiling, outlining, or writing the first, second, third, and so on drafts is something I really enjoy.

2 Likes