What is your favourate hair style?

I have seen a lot of hair styles lately and was wondering which one is YOUR favorite :slight_smile:

These are the ones I’ve seen on Pinterest

1. I LOVE braids

Last one…I wish I had this kind of hair :frowning:

7 Likes

I don’t have an image to share but I really like the look of defined curly hair but I know that realistically speaking curly hair is very hard to manage and take care if it’s naturally curly. (I will keep trying anyways)

3 Likes

Ooo, oh gosh. I’m not sure if I have a favorite. Realistically, I like wash and gos for saving time, but ideally, I like lots of twist outs and even twisted styles in general.

2 Likes

Oh, you have no idea how hard it is to look after curly hair, I have afro hair. Putting too much oil is bad for it and putting too little makes it hard to brush. Another thing is if you comb it too much every day, a lot of it falls off and I don’t have a lot so :pleading_face::pleading_face:

5 Likes

Same, I love twist outs and if you have healthy hair it makes you look so good.

2 Likes

I feel like they worked when my hair was shorter, but now I feel like it’s at an awkward length where they don’t work. (And it’s not even super long xD)

1 Like

True, it sometimes works with the perfect length and it depends on your hair type. I personally haven’t tried it because I don’t know how it will work with my hair.

2 Likes

Ooof, definitely sounds like a hard balance x-x I was born with very curly hair but because it was hard to take care of (and my parents having no clue how to take care of it) they over brushed it and I’m trying to make my frizzy wavy hair into a curlier state again and it has been a journey (still figuring it out too)

3 Likes

I feel like as it grew it when I realized it’s fine texture and I always thought it was rougher xD

2 Likes

I love braids as well! There are so many hairstyles that are just waiting to be explored and I prefer it to relaxing and wearing my natural hair. This is the style I’m wearing right now, and I can’t express in words how happy I am with it:

6 Likes

I don’t have an emotionally chosen favorite, but I do have a haircut I default to because I hate going in and getting it done professionally:

I pull it all back in a pony tail, and cut across the tail. It’s too long and unkept to be a Karen, but it does frame my face and get the heck off my neck.

4 Likes

I really like the braids you posted, they’re cool!

I think I’m always leaning more towards either really long curly hairstyles (which is my natural hair, but it’s super fucking hard to manage) and shorter ‘boyish’ alternative haircuts, which I always find really cool and sort of ‘edgy’, but in a mature way lmao.

3 Likes

Box braids are amazing and always will be.

Dreadlocks are wonderful, horribly misunderstood, and probably the most underrated style I can think of.

Neither of which I can pull off, so I stupidly stare at and admire them when I see them and get embarrassed when people notice. xD

Crimped hair is really cool, too. I rarely ever see it, but it’ll come up in punk goth aesthetics.

As for hair placement, I always love half-up-half-down :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

I saw plenty of it, born in the 80s. You can still get a crimping iron.

I’ve not worn braids since I was in highschool. Mostly did irregular box braids on my own self. Had about 2 ft of straight hair at the time, had to do something with it, I’d get so bored.

I also used to coil it up into fat curls while it was wet (and gelled), and haphazardly place it on top my head with butterfly clips. It made it look like I had 3 inch curls, I packed it so tight.

Got the tightest perm on that when I was in college–about 23? My hair came up to my shoulders, curled. Didn’t bother to 'fro it out, though I could have, based on the afro my mother had in high school. (I look like her enough an everyone who could had an afro in the late 70s. Either that or Cher-straight hair.) When it grew out, I pulled it back into pony tails, so my hair was straight until the pony then curled. Cut bangs for that, then got a paige boy haircut.

Now it’s perpetual growth and cutting across that ponytail.

2 Likes

5 Likes

bunnnsssss!

3 Likes

As a ballet dancer, I very much agree with you! I like both the “strict” ballet buns and the more elaborate ones. Unfortunately, my hair is a bit too big to be able to make a proper French twist … :sob:

Summary

The French twist …

I love to make buns like this one!

I also like to put flowers and pearls and stuff in my hair.

I’ve always been a big fan of the box braids. It’s a pity they don’t suit my type of hair.

Summary

Usually, some sort of braid is my go-to.

Summary

A crown braid is a bit challenging to master, but once you get it, it’s so beautiful!:heart_eyes:

This kind of braid which looks like a flower is actually really easy to make and looks very elegant, in my opinion.

Oh, and these kinds of hairstyles are also very fun to make! All sorts of half up half down hairstyles are really pretty.

My hair is blond and slightly wavy, I guess that’s why I’ve always admired dark, curly hair!:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Summary

This hairstyle is so pretty too!

Summary

Oh, and there are so many elegant short haircuts too. I think I’ll stick to admiring them, though, as I will most likely never work up the courage to actually get one myself!

Summary

Had to mention Audrey Hepburn here! :nail_care:

I guess this turned into a lecture rather than simply mentioning my favourite hairstyle. I’m really bad at choosing favourites!:laughing: Sorry for rambling.

4 Likes

Isn’t too big better? My hair is too short for buns but I still find a way to make it work. :joy: I prefer simple messy buns but I’ve tried some of the looks you posted before when I had long hair. I have to say aside from looking stunning it has its perks. :relieved:

3 Likes

Yeah, there are definitely many nice hairstyles you can make with long, thick hair. But there are limits to what can be made with that too. Maybe I will cut my hair shorter when I get tired of it. As of right now, can only dream of making hairstyles like these:

Summary

You can’t have everything at once, I guess :woman_shrugging:t3:

4 Likes

Yes, enjoy it until you get bored of it. :sparkles:

Meanwhile that’s how far I can go with buns. :sob: 629208df5d4dff57dcc9e58d39eb2c67

7 Likes