What things stress you out the most?

What things do you worry/stress about the most? (made this to show you’re not alone!)

• School/Grades
  • Peers/Parents Expectations
  • Sports
  • Social Media
  • Mental Health
  • Physical Health
  • Social Interaction
  • Feeling like you’re not in control
  • Family Issues
  • Big changes (losing a loved one, moving houses, etc.)
  • Low Self-Esteem
  • Financial Problems
  • General Unhappiness/Dissatisfaction
  • Too many Responsibilities
  • Other (please describe in replies)

0 voters

1 Like

man they want me to get my fourth surgery for my heart and that’s just making my stress level higher

Well, what will not doing it do for you?

1 Like

i expire

1 Like

that rapidly?

not exactly but it would be a bit quicker

1 Like

So, just enough room for leeway to object to the rapidity of the surgery, but not a heck of a lot of reason to not do it.

Seems like a lot of what happens with those in a chronic surgery situation–got a young cousin whose innards weren’t quite in the right place, and he has surgeries chronically, mostly so he can breathe. He’s a “shouldn’t be alive” and “no genetic reason for this”. His family sees him as a miracle. Mid-teens, now?

2 Likes

Too much stresses me out :joy:

Big changes stress me out the most. Right now, I’m waiting for the shoe to drop…and soon. I live in Germany. My husband retires on June 1. We will have to move sometime before then. We have no idea where we’re moving…and don’t know if we’ll have a forwarding address when we leave. If we have to move before May 12, my older two girls run the risk of their classes not matching up well with the next school’s and not getting credits. I think once we know where and when we’re going, things will ease up a little bit. Okay. Not really. There’ll be house hunting from another continent…and then being without our things for at least two months…and everything else that goes with moving.

Other cause of stress: family. Not the ones I live with, though. Husband is great, as are my kids. Over the summer, I had so much drama with the extended family that I honestly feel like I could go another two years without seeing them and be perfectly fine. I’ll get over it all eventually, but I’m usually good at avoiding drama…and I just couldn’t avoid it a few months ago.

2 Likes

BAD BUNNY BEING IN THINGS I ACTUALLY LIKE!

I also chose Other so I’ll put them below:

• Climate change, running out of water, and the environment as a whole.
  • Overpopulation. I just don’t understand how so many people think it’s not an issue. The higher up the food chain you go, the smaller the population of a species needs to be. We’re not rodents.
  • Wasting time. :upside_down_face: I get scared of devoting time to something that doesn’t pay off in the future, so to commit to it would be a ‘waste of time’ and then I don’t do it. Which just means I don’t end up doing much at all.
1 Like

Lmao I feel like I could be here forever, but yeah XD Adulting is never fun so a LOT of things stress me out.
But right now, the main ones:

. Money - I’m currently unable to work, so though my husband works, I’m not bringing in any money soooo yeah, stressful. We’re not by any means struggling (been there, done that. Compared to like 4 years ago we’re doing okay) but you know, we’ve taken a pay cut so it’s still stressful.
. Health - linked to above. I’m awaiting surgery to remove endometriosis and untangle my ovaries from my womb, after 3 years it’s stressing me out. Covid isn’t helping for appointments and waiting times, so I’m off work for unknown time and just pain, pain, pain.
. Mental health - just … yeah XD
. My son - well, not him but you know, being responsible for a small human is stressful :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Ohh I so relate to the “wasting time” thing. I’m kinda surprised I didn’t include it on the list. I hate feeling like I haven’t accomplished anything after spending a few hours on something :sweat_smile:

1 Like

My worries are that of middle age, feeling that the world is falling apart, that the hopeful nineties came to nothing, and that the governments are blind to the overpopulation crisis and going to doom the planet in their chase to outgun and out-birth neighbours, instead of looking for strategies for everyone to thrive, while continuously reducing population to sustainable level. So, yes, I am worried that my kid is going to struggle in a much bleaker world…

So, yes, my biggest fear/stress is that humanity is bacteria in a Petri dish and agar-agar is running out.

3 Likes

Haha, I forget priority things all of the time despite them being priorities. I’ll sometimes forget some of my biggest worries, too, until the next second I realize, “OH NO, that’s still a thing! :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Money is my stress. Or lack thereof. Since I support myself. If I can’t work, then I’m out on the streets. So, my writing has to take a back seat to a paying job. I work to survive, not to live basically.

3 Likes

Right now my biggest source of stress is my upcoming surgery. I’ve performed a lot of them [through my job] and I’ve undergone a bunch in the past few years as well, but it’s the first time I undergo one since I started dating my companion and knowing that he is worried for me stresses me A LOT. Love is truly a stupid feeling sometimes.

2 Likes