What's a typical breakfast in your world(s)?

Make me hungry (or not). What does the average person/creature eat for breakfast? If there is a war going on, tell me what they eat during war times and what they eat when it’s peaceful. You can even tell me what the rich eat and what the poor eat.

Most of my worlds enjoy a typical scrambled eggs with bacon and toast. Maybe some pancakes or waffles. The most unusual breakfast item was fried scorpions dipped in chocolate, and roasted camel.

What have you got?

P.S.
Happy New Year, Wacky Writers! :grin: It’s the year of the tiger! :tiger: Rawr.

6 Likes

Are you talking about fictional worlds or the real world?

3 Likes

In the book I’m working on now, the mc starts every day with the same breakfast: a cup of coffee, ten white grapes and a slice of American cheese. (she’s anorexic.) ʕʘₒʘʔ

And happy new year to you too! (=^ェ^=)っ

3 Likes

So, it is fiction related?
Whew! wipes sweat away I thought it was about the real world’s breakfast.

Teehee!

3 Likes

Ah! Well, since she said what’s a typical breakfast in YOUR world, I assumed she meant fictional? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

If it’s the real world, I actually don’t really eat breakfast. I have lunch for breakfast. D’oh! (♯^.^ღ)

3 Likes

Ah, okay.

Yeah, to be honest I never put that much thought into it. So, I have no idea what the people of Alterra eat for breakfast or even lunch and dinner. They do eat food I know that much though.

Now, @TheTigerWriter is giving me a lot to think about. :thinking:

3 Likes

I know someone who eats fried fish for breakfast.

4 Likes

Sounds yummy though!

2 Likes

Happy new year! My MCs are vegetarian so no bacon or sausages for them. Manish is a kid at heart and likes cereal occasionally. Ashwini usually has toast with some coffee. But on special occasions, she’ll have a Tamilian breakfast (masala dosa with tons of sambar and aloo)

3 Likes

Not on breakfast tbh.

1 Like

Ah, alright.

I suppose I can see why having fried fish at breakfast could be not that great.

The only reason why I stated what I said is because I like fried fish.

I’m rumbling too much. My bad.

2 Likes

CONWORLDING! Guess who’s back, friends?

Ok breakfast in Meiste.

Zeneste: More often than not, breakfast contains some kind of corn or wheat, so porridge is common. Especially in the South, where more fruits grow, bananas and oranges will crop up, while in the north, apples will be more common. In seafaring parts of the Southwest, fish can become part of breakfast, too.

Odapir/Futaps: Coffee, bananas and oranges, maybe cured ham or other pork.

Ytos: Lots of bread and milk-based things (cheese, cream, etc…).

Atepsi: Probably prickly pears in the southern part because it’s a desert, along with cactus.

3 Likes

HIIII

miguel and da sousa: bread, cheese, and some meat. no veggies. yes i know what that looks like

and they all fell down (again): cereal because we’re not fancy lmao

i would list the other 2 books but they all take place in those 2 universes

1 Like

Well, being that many of mine are just pre-industrial in most the stuff I write, I’m sure that breakfast is more important than most other meals, so this is where much of the slow-cooked overnight foods would come into play. Field rations for the rest of the day.

1 Like

Fictional.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know.

1 Like

What’s the most popular cereal?

1 Like

Fish prepared how?

1 Like

What’s Manish’s favorite kind of cereal?

1 Like