What's Going on in Your Creative World?

Hi All, Darwin here! Most of my posts have been “instructional” so far, so I wanted to create a thread just for the fun of things.

So I was thinking that it might be fun for fellow writers to talk about their most current chapter, novel, novella or other creative pursuit.

Being that our creative pursuits change from day to day and week to week, I would like it to be a running thread! Please stop by as your project progresses or as you change what you’re working on!

If it’s posted on Wattpad or another writing site, link it up. If it’s not talk about how it’s going! Talk about the snags along the way. Talk about things you’ve learned about your creative pursuit.

For me?

I’ve got a chapter of Relations that I’m struggling to get through the draft for. I have it almost finished, but my brain keeps asking, is this a necessary piece for the story?
I want to say yes, because my goal with this story (As with Anger Management before it) to not just focus on what’s happening on campus (it seems limiting to me) so home life, work, riding the bus seem like things we should be talking about simply for the fact that teens deal with this stuff out side of school.

What about you guys?

Tell us what you’re working on at the moment!

8 Likes

Something. I’ll get back to you when I fully know what I am working on story wise.

1 Like

I got mildly “burned out” on a reread, specifically about going through and cracking the MC’s feelings about events surrounding her becuase she’s recently unlocked a part of her mind, and it’s showing different motivations for everything, rather than what she thought was her motivations.

Yeah, a cerebral move that I’m not trying to make too heavy, but I’m not the lightest of reads out there.

Begging is for Losers

I’m up to here in this semi-reread. Posting is about 10 chapters later, and where I’m at is about 6 after that.

1 Like

Ah the mulling stage eh? Been there done that!

2 Likes

Yeah adding that sort of thing can be tricky.

1 Like

I usually go for a more natural approach, instead of something so exhaustive.

1 Like

Yeah. At one point I knew what I was working on until I had another idea crossed my mind.

2 Likes

they’re still navigating through the airport :skull:

1 Like

I’m also trying out #shortstory on Twitter.

1 Like

I can’t even begin to write the fifth chapter of my ongoing novel, but I’m starting to code a videogame with a really cool story. Also, I am waiting for my Spanish Teacher to tell me what she thinks of the Undertale Fanfic I am writing for keep writing it

1 Like

But sometimes challenging ourselves is fun right? (or not HEH)

1 Like

Coding is interesting. I do some HTML and PHP myself for websites I use, but that’s small potatoes compared to the code required for a video game.

2 Likes

I will be pleased with it being ACCOMPLISHED because it’s integral to the ending of the story.

1 Like

Yeah, fortunately I’m slowly learning and I have a engine that handles most things, RPG Maker, it makes life way easier for anyone dreaming of creating a videogame, but you need to STUDY how that engine works if you want a good result

1 Like

It’s definitely like learning new languages for sure!

1 Like

For example, the engine comes included with tons of things, including random encounter enemies, however, I want my game to be Undertale like… so… how I do get the “But nobody came” thing… Well, I have to go to Common Events, and create one, let’s call it “Deaths by Area”, then point out in coding that when a Variable that I also named “Deaths by area” reaches 25 (If “Deaths by area” = 25), then encounters are disabled and the message “Do you hear that beautiful sound? The sound of silence” sounds, lastly, the music changes. I then coded that if you cross to another area, the variable changes back to 0, if the variable is on 0, then the message “25 left” appears and encounters are re-activated

I then went to Enemy Encounters, and created an event by which if an enemy has 0% health points, you get a +1 in the Variable “Deaths by Area”

1 Like

Well, I’m reconsidering what I want to enter into the Wattys.

I was going to enter my YA Fantasy (Lone Gold Daring Purple), but then I finished editing my New Adult historical fiction first (Alive At Crepusculum). I only have a few more chapters to upload and then I can mark the book complete.

Now, since the historical fiction was exhausting to edit, I want to not edit XD The ideas for a different story I was working on are coming back into motion, so, idk what I wanna do now.

You might be thinking, well, why not enter more than one to the Wattys? Well, I could, but I usually like putting all my Wattys effort into one book. And Lone Gold Daring Purple, well, I have no idea when I will feel like editing the rest of it. I came upon a chapter where, like you, my brain keeps asking if the scene is really that necessary.

I might have to scrap it :grimacing:

You know, I think I’ll scrap it. Nothing will change if I scrap it. I’ll just lose one of my favorite scenes :pleading_face:

1 Like

I wish you the best of luck in your entry!

2 Likes

The hubby and I have been trying to storyboard out some scenes we’re trying to work into our project.

Somehow it just turned into utter stupidity and silliness. It was supposed to be a storyboard about the main protagonist and his buddy trying to survive the big calamity that sets them on their journey.

WHELP for some reason we just started sketching random dumb crap and it turned into the MC dropping some orb of power or wtf ever (not even in the story, but again, we were being DUMB), which cracked open and birthed a bunch of eldritch horrors and fire and Armageddon and stuff… and now they adopted one tentacle beast-horror and named it “Lil Butter”, but Lil Butter keeps puking up more horrors and they’re trying to decide whose job it is to clean up the mess.

So the actual planning and plotting is going nowhere, but we’ve had a few good laughs at least.

1 Like

I did a letter/ audio thank you to my readers from my Mc, the story is erotic so thats a fun time as sometimes I get struck so the letter was nice as its pg and i wanted to do a fanservice as the story hit two thousand views.

Ms Apex = PREY - Haddes97 - Wattpad

In that same story all the monsters the Mc hunts after a life changing event they stop their hunting and start doing right by the creatures that his sent to hunt. Collecting them as he goes, in my head its a grity character but that’s just me. My readers seem to like the story

2 Likes