When you get a new idea, what do you do, personally? (POLLS)

• A. Start the new idea immediately.
  • B. Jot it down and save it for later.
  • C. Let it marinate for a bit then do a little of A and B…somehow.
  • D. Other(explain in the comments).

0 voters

So, what do you do? Tell me, in great detail if you can!

5 Likes

I shove it down deep inside me until it withers away.

5 Likes

For a story???
That’s what you do???

1 Like

Yeah. I’ve done that with at least 5 or 6 concepts this year alone.

2 Likes

Oh wow!

I usually jot it down because in general I already have 10+ story ideas on my to-be-written list. If some ideas are similar, I join them together. I normally let the ideas sit for a while to see if they’ve some meat to them so I know they’re worth keeping (unless it is a real golden idea I’m aware will do well).

5 Likes

If it manages to survive that barrage and claw back to the front of my consciousness, then I know there’s possibly a kernel of potential in it. Possibly.

6 Likes

Mine sit around for awhile and usually are the ones I would rather write while I’m writing my current story lol! Sometimes I’ll come back to them years later! I started a story back in 2017, just got around to finishing it now 0.o

5 Likes

Ooh, a list you say.

You just gave me an idea! Thank you, kind person!

2 Likes

Damn! What made you want to finish it for now?
Was it nagging at you or something?

LOL!

2 Likes

You’re welcome! Call me, Lev. :white_heart:

Yep, I have them on my notes. It usually is a title and later I expand the idea more as I develop it into a proper story. Fxs, my His Fic I’ve already mostly planned. Is only research etc left.

2 Likes

Sometimes A sometimes B, depends on how hard I think about it

2 Likes

Awesome and thanks again, Lev!

I originally made this thread because I have some ideas nagging at me now and I want to start them SOOO badly.

I still want to start the story, but I really need to finish the current one.

I really need to take notes too! LOL!

2 Likes

Rn I’m writing exclusively Frostpunk Fanfics

A) Frostpunk Fanpoems
B) “Frostpunk: Diaries of a Writer”
C) The Last Days of Egypt and Russia (Oneshot)
D) A Purpose for New London (Oneshot)
E) The Meteor
F) Site 115: A Worker’s Diaries

And I’m pending to write:
A) The Frozen Underground (Frostpunk x Undertale Crossover)
B) New New York: Descend into Madness
C) Frostpunk: After the Storm

2 Likes

:white_heart: :white_heart:

I know the feeling too well. :joy: The thing is, if you start an idea too soon, you might get stuck after three or five chapters and never finish it. Better to have stuff somewhat planned so you don’t get stuck or lose motivation halfway.

I’m writing a story myself but I know readers are eagerly waiting for my Hannibal fanfic lmao.

3 Likes

Exactly it is so frustrating! LOL!
Great advice! I can do some plotting and notetaking for the next story, then push it to the side till I start it after finishing my current work.

:blush:

1 Like

That’s how I do things as well. :laughing: When I began publishing stories on my second writer account, I will be far busier lol. My family has always said I’ve solutions etc but that’s because I’m creative. I’ve read and made stories since I was pretty young.

1 Like

Great! I won’t publish anything until my story is neat and polished thoroughly!

Anyway, I am glad things are going well for me story wise. And are things going great for you as well far as your story?

1 Like

I edit as I write, I’m a wild goose. :rofl:

Yeah, it is. I’m on chapter 8 + prolog in my story. Is the sequel to His Obsession. Which I finished around last year.

1 Like

I couldn’t do that! I have to wait till the end of the novel and to tackle it!
You are a wild goose! LOL!

Oh cool! That sounds great!
Why are prologues always a hit or miss for some readers?!

1 Like