Which are you better at???

Choose wisely:

• Character Arcs.
  • Dialogue.
  • Narrative.
  • Showing and Telling(I know it is Showing vs. Telling, but still).
  • Pacing.
  • Worldbuilding.
  • Foreshadowing.
  • Other(explain in the comments).
0 voters
3 Likes

bump.

Definitely character arcs and development for me. Characters are the heart of any story and I always focus heavily on them.

1 Like

Dialogue. Not really sure why… :rofl: I’ve just been told by other writers that it’s one of my strongsuits and they could learn from me.

I think I have narrative down, as well as worldbuilding. Not a master at it but I’m working on trying to get better.

Foreshadowing is something I struggle with a tiny bit but not by much. It’s always so much fun to me. As for pacing, I’m getting better. I used to really rush things and sometimes I still do but I have wonderful beta readers who remind me of where I really need to flesh it out more. I’m an underwriter so I mostly struggle with writing too fast-paced of a book.

Character arcs are so much fun to work with. I’m not a master or terrible. I like to think I’m right in the middle, slowly getting better. But I LOVE them. Whether it’s turning into a villain or turning into a hero. Or just between.

Showing and telling? Oof, this is one I struggle with the MOST. But I’m really working on it. I’m trying to read a lot more now, especially books with heavy showing. Just recently finished Sing Me Forgotten (fricking heartbreaking yet STUNNING) and the showing is magical. And I truly believe I picked up some of the inspiration from that which I appreciate. Not only that but the book taught me some french so thats a bonus.

1 Like

Yay, I am getting comments!!!

That is pretty great!

Are you tutoring? Because I would like to hire you! LOL!

1 Like

Characters can really make the story especially when they are written very well.
:slightly_smiling_face:

Dialogue. Apparently I’m good at it :joy: But I’m also good at foreshadowing and worldbuilding. They’re both super fun

1 Like

:rofl: If i had time i would. But between writing, reading, and my full time cleaning job (the one that pays bills), i have hardly any time to myself anymore. Plus i got a very energetic dog that requires my attention haha. But yeah, dialogue just comes naturally. I think its because i talk to mtself A LOT. Aloud and in my head. Im introverted so talking to myself comes with the package.

2 Likes

Worldbuilding is something I’ve always gotten compliments for, and almost all say that I have an effortless way of slipping world stuff into the book.
For my current book, though, it has to be character arcs. The way these arcs wrap up are just so perfect for the flaws-
Or so it feels, since I haven’t gotten to that yet

3 Likes

Dialogues and setting out motivations and plot-lines. Once I figure out the way to make my main character emotional magnet for readers, I will be unstoppable, weeeeeeeeeee!

4 Likes

The plot & character arcs

4 Likes

It seems that dialogue is the more popular one with worldbuilding following right after.

2 Likes

I’ve been told I’m really good at dialogue, but honestly, I’m still working on that. :sweat_smile: I say that I’m really good at showing/telling because I’ve been practicing that for ages and I’ve gotten really good with what they’re about and how to do it in my own writing. c:

3 Likes