Which editing do you prefer?!

Choose the one that suits you!

• I edit/revise/rewrite after I’ve finished my novel.
  • I edit/revise/rewrite as I write my novel.
  • I edit/revise/rewrite days/weeks/months after I’ve finished my novel.
  • Other(explain in the comment).

0 voters

What do you think?

1 Like

Other:ADHD makes everything piecemeal.

3 Likes

I write a chapter, do spelling and punctuation corrections, and then don’t edit again until I finish the story. I usually try to get that round of editing done within a month of finishing.

2 Likes

I do a mix of editing while I write and after a few weeks of finishing the book. :blush:

3 Likes

Kind of a mix of all of them. I edit while I write by proof reading every chapter when it’s done, but I also revise when I finish the whole thing. Then I wait a few months or so and start the next draft.

4 Likes

Other. I make multiple editing runs. First–during writing. Second–before posting. Third–long after finishing/posting once I’ve had collected enough feedback.

2 Likes

I mainly leave it months, but I always finish the chapter, do a quick grammar/skim over because I always might just tweak the way I’ve worded something, or see I’ve missed a point.
Then I post the chapter to WP etc.
After that, I will not touch editing until I’m done with the book. Which I leave it for months - minimum 3 months. I take notes of what I need to edit/expand etc.
There’s only been one book I’ve left 1 month, and that was mainly grammar because I got accepted to Radish with the book. It still needs a “proper” edit once I’ve finished the WIP of the next book in the series.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.