Why do I really need a large desk space? READ BEFORE COMMENTING!

That…is utterly beautiful. Except if you prefer to have drawers instead of shelving then that’s the only issue.

1 Like

I don’t mind shelves or drawers, if I am being honest.

1 Like

Then it seems like a perfect choice haha

1 Like

It does until you know about the width of the larger part is.

It’s 19.7 inches wide. Wouldn’t that be too close to the to the computer monitors?

This is what I mean:

Shop around some more then. See if you get anything wider.

1 Like

There are other desks, but they are way too big and I really like this desk, yet I feel it might be too close to my face.

Unless I get blue light computer monitors in replace of my desktop computer that I have now.

I do want that desk, but a clamp on keyboard try would not work with that desk.

So, I am in bit of a pickle…again.

You can always do a slant position. The monitors at one side and your keyboard in front of you. It would still be close but a little further than trying to arrnage the monitors as you normally would.

It would also require you turning your head to glance at the monitor while typing.

This is what I do because it’s the only way to feel comfortable writing without my monitor being right in my face.

1 Like

What do you mean by that?

Exactly, what do you mean? Could you use the picture as a way of explaining? I am a bit slow right now and I am sorry.

I cannot find a photo to demonstrate this but essentially…

If you were sitting, the monitors would be at the right end of the desk. Your keyboard would be at the left end of the desk.

Now you can always adjust the distance.

You will place your chair where your keyboard is so you can type but you will be glancing up at the right side when you have to watch the monitor. You won’t be looking straight at the computer if it were positioned normally.

This depends on the width of your current desk but it should work to create some distance from your face to the monitor.

2 Likes

So, does nothing go on that monitor stand that the desk in the picture comes with?

Stationery. I won’t buy a desk with that thin partition haha. I hope you figure out what would make you feel comfy but the arrangement I suggested might or might not work for you.

It definitely works for me.

1 Like

There is the option of removing the monitor stand.
:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Lmaooo true.

Can still be good for stationery :smiley:

1 Like

LOL! I have options.
:grin:

1 Like

hmm, desks can be very expensive and difficult to move, so I would recommend trying to repurpose the extra space first, rather than jumping straight into a whole new desk.

you can also change what fills the extra space whenever you get tired of it. You could put plants on your desk, or a rock collection. Some of your books one month, and music-stuff the next. Visual stim toys. You don’t have to shrink the whole desk if you find a way to use the space.

Unless you really want to shrink the desk, for increased room space purposes or something.

2 Likes

I live in a small two bedroom apartment with someone. My only space is a fairly large corner where my current desk is. What do you mean by repurpose the extra space, though?

Honestly, the two desk I’ve shown aren’t that expensive, but I do need to wait a bit to purchase the rustic brown one.

1 Like

Honestly, the second desk is more enticing to me, yet the black one is nice too. However, the rustic brown is really gnawing at me because of the storage space and it isn’t too much space but not less neither. It also still follow the l-shaped design a bit.

1 Like

well like I said, put something there. You said you have a space for writing that you hate because you never hand write. So, use it for something else.

But, you know, if it’s more space-effective and inexpensive then maybe getting a new desk is the better option. It’s your space, you can fill it however suits you best.

2 Likes

Ah, I get it now!
Thanks for explaining it better.

I’ll place it in consideration for now, but eventually I shall get something else.

Wait, did you take a glance at the rustic brown/vintage desk? There are some earlier pictures of it on here.

1 Like

I did, it looks nice!

1 Like