Winter Woods II; Chat and Relax

I feel that!! Especially since I’m trying to write after a lonnnnng break (specifically, rewriting a story), I can see where my writing isn’t as good as before. Because before I was constantly writing so I was in more of a groove and now it just feels awkward. And then when I think like “oh god there’s no detail” or “that sounds weird maybe it should be like this instead!” and then I end up so frustrated I just stop lol.

6 Likes

LOLOL same xD

But then going back later is about the same, if not, even more frustrating than the first time. I was always dumb enough to fall for “It’ll be better if I come back a loooong time later so that my head’s clear” but in the end, I forget the actual plot so I have to reread everything, find the mistakes, think of a way to fix those mistakes without making even more mistakes, maintain/improve the quality it was at before, etc etc. It makes me a bit tired even thinking of everything-

6 Likes

ugh i know.

and yet, i still want to write. but don’t.

it’s a horrible cycle.

6 Likes

lol indeed x.x

maybe sprinting could help? :eyes:

5 Likes

Honestly i hear that term all the time and don’t know what it means.

Pls elaborate and help me not feel so old

6 Likes

(me in rl XD) Sure!!

So it’s basically where a group of people (you and at least one other person) writes as much as they can within a set time frame. It’s like a competition so whoever writes the most wins. There’s a thread especially dedicated to sprints here ^^ The rules are also elaborated a little bit more there as well as additional details~

5 Likes

OOOH yes yes yes okay. I understand. Makes sense. Is there a way to track progress or if people actually did it?

(lol wow my commitment issues are really showing)

6 Likes

:joy:

Ahhh, usually people report back onto the thread saying they wrote ____ words and occasionally (if they feel comfortable) they’ll share what they wrote (you can also do that too, if you’d like :wink:)

5 Likes

i feel like i’d say im participating and then just not.

when I say I have commitment issues I’m not playing lmaoooo. maybe that’s why all my character’s have the same problem hahaha

7 Likes

LOLOL XD the same things been happening w me-

when sprints were first introduced I was thinking I’d be a great way for me to get some writing done (saying I’ll do one later). But up till now, I still haven’t participated in even one :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I do my best writing at night so maybe tonight will be my night.

… i say extremely hopefully.

6 Likes

:joy: I wish you luck in writing!! <3

5 Likes

well i just started jamming out to boys world
SO wish me luck. i will report back if anything ends up improving.

8 Likes

well. i wrote about 200 words and then my brain said “hey… do you know what would be really fun to do right now? go to bed 2-3 hours earlier than you normally do!!”

6 Likes

It happens, especially when stressed

5 Likes

Oh I know. I was just finally getting into a groove after not even opening my document for like a week and my body went “hehe nooooooo”

6 Likes

It helped that I had a cheerleader who was very supportive when i was doing two hundred to five hundred words a day this week. but i’ll probably be back to five hundred to a thousand words pretty soon per a day

5 Likes

omg congratsssss!!! :laughing:

:joy: LOLOL our body sure knows perfect timing~

woah- :eyes: :clap:

4 Likes

I have a strange pull to start learning drunk-dazed on the piano… imma do it

5 Likes

@CandySweetApple Aria and Ace. Those were Athena’s sister and her sister’s boyfriend respectively.

6 Likes