Would anyone write fanfiction of their own stories?

Well, would you do it? I asked this because I was just pondering on the thought and wanted to do the same for Project Succession…someday. I thought that it would be fun and there are characters who I could see getting their own side of the story told/focus on their issues and whatnot.

That sounds like a fun little experiment to test out.

Thoughts and feelings?

2 Likes

It is called spinoff material

3 Likes

I was being funny…I guess. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

These days that can also be called a series. There are a lot of series out there composed of standalone books that each focus on a different character in the same universe, with the main characters from the previous book as merely side characters in this one. I say go for it! (*^-‘) 乃

3 Likes

1 Like

Honestly, yeah. I like putting my characters from my book, that have so much love and development put into them, into entirely new universes and situations where I can explore them further in a totally different way. I guess it would be AU (alternate universe) fan fiction of my own work. I’m afraid if I published this “fan fiction” of my own work, it would not reflect well on me as an author tho. So instead I use online role play to explore these characters in various different AU’s. That way it’s a smaller community that doesn’t mind if I use my characters from my books to rp with as long as they came from my own head, and it doesn’t make me look like a weirdo as an author.

2 Likes

I like the way you think. :grin:

1 Like

Ahahah, funny you should mention that… I wrote a story called “Bestowed” and while not intended was told by a reader that I had written a fanfiction about all my Only Half Characters!

2 Likes