Writers block, let's talk about it.

Let’s face it, we’ve all had writers block. It’s a very unpleasant experience, what is writers block like for you guys?

3 Likes

Well, this is a debatable topic if I do say so myself.

1 Like

How so?

1 Like

People are very divided when it come to whether writer’s block exist or not.
Some say it is real while other say it is something else.

1 Like

…What?

1 Like

This is from what I’ve seen.

1 Like

Oh I understand now

1 Like

Yup. It is rather interesting seeing them bicker about it’s existence.

1 Like

Writer’s block exists. For me, a block occurs when I’m exhausted. When I don’t write for periods of time, I become apathetic and depressed. I fight with myself because I honestly don’t believe enough in my own creations to feel like I need to give them more of a damn than I should. Unfortunately, I rely on readership to validate my stories worth, but I create a paradox for myself. Because if I don’t invest in more content, I can’t entice more readership. If I don’t gather more readership, I don’t see the need to invest in creating more content.

I over complicate things.

2 Likes

me plus with youtube and twitch :joy:

2 Likes

What’s your channel called? :eyes:

1 Like

ack I haven’t updated it in months, not since I moved :sob: it’s colliejayjones, but I hope to make better than that in the future.

1 Like

I sub lol as John Doe (Not my real name, but it helps lol)

2 Likes

that’s sweet man, preash :slight_smile:

le gasp we’ve been tricked, backstabbed, and possibly bamboozled :joy:

3 Likes

It exists and there are many levels. Some people just like to focus on the lowest level of “I have no motivation.” Even if you have the motivation you can still get stuck on things like continuity, dead end subplots, etc.

For me personally, I tend to get stuck when I’m about 1/3 of the way through books or 3/4 of the way through a short story. I’m perfectly fine with leaving them for months at a time while I mull over my options. To paraphrase a very smart guy, “A delayed story will eventually be good, but a bad story will always be bad.”

5 Likes

Anytime

░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄
░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█
░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█
█▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▀▄▒█
░█▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░█░░█
░░█░░▀▄▀█▄▄░█▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀█▀██░█
░░░█░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
░░░░█░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░███████░█
░░░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
░░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░█
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░█

1 Like

I agree with this post so much.

i’ve had to learn the phrase “Something worth doing is worth doing poorly.” Life’s short, and you’re never going to be able to do it perfectly or the way it should. If you keep waiting to be able to do it right, you’ll tell that story or have that life experience or memory made.

2 Likes

My writeres block is I literally cannot put words down. I just idk get paralyzed, even if I see the scene vividly in my head, I just can not type anything. It’s like a solid barrier between my thoughts and my hands. It’s super frustrating.

The other part is just wanting the story to be perfetly constructed before I put down a single word of a first draft. Partly cuz I had so many unfinished drafts as a kid, partly cuz I got a lot of criticism from people around me if I didn’t complete a concept, decrediting my other ideas.

Never had writer’s block. It’s demotivation/ an excuse when I use it, so I’ve learned to write through it.
I don’t know if it exists, but it doesn’t for me.

1 Like

I get this all the time, but I don’t think of it as writer’s block for me. simply because I almost always have this, but some days I also have the energy to push through and write.
it is very frustrating, though

1 Like