Writing for Kids-Why is it so hard?

I think you will enjoy The Twisted Tales of Felix the Cat.

Voltron Flashbacks
Yes, I do.

It would be odd if you bragged about having an all female writer’s room when the show you’re making is about as serious as Spongebob.

This is Get-Along Gang level standards! Get-Along-Gang!!!

…it depends on who you’re saying it to

SpongeBob is funny, a good bit of the time, and female comedians are generally seen as boring, especially from older male audiences.

And as I’ve sat through some female comedy specials that have not been that funny, I can see where the stereotype comes from. So, if it’s something I couldn’t tell was written by women, and was funny, then there’s a use for saying such a thing.

If you haven’t come across that, you’re not seeing the hecklers our there.

1 Like

It would be odd if all the marketing is all feminist but the show itself isn’t.

All female isn’t all feminist. That it’s seen that way would probably be part of the heckling. Lol

1 Like

Hahaha, for real.

There’s definitely a time and a place. Speaking about diversity in the workplace is all well and fine, I mean, for some little girls knowing a woman wrote a funny Spongebob episode could be inspiring. It only becomes a problem when your content reflects your serious attitude towards what you’re trying to convey. There’s nothing wrong with making fun of yourself, or your characters. In fact, it’s what humanizes them! It’s arguably the best part of animation. But when you begin to take your work too seriously, or fantasize about your ‘groundbreaking’ content, it’s sort of obvious in the writing when the writers have an ego boost.

1 Like

And I will never do it again. :smiley:

1 Like

cough Teen Titans Reboot cough

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.