Writing Websites?

What websites do you all use to post your books? Which ones do you like the best and why? I’m trying to choose which website I want to post on and I am conflicted lol while I know I can post on multiple I just want to see which one people seem to like the most.

5 Likes

Fictionpress. As of right now, the Wacky Writers site.
I can go back and forth if I want to. I don’t use Wattpad.

EDIT: Still, that is only when I do decide to post my story. I mainly go to Fictionpress. I prefer to use that site and only that site. However, I shall try Wacky Writers to see what it is like.

3 Likes

I’m no help. I’m curious too. I don’t know of any others really beside wattpad. And if there’s a better option out there I’d love to know. Anyways, commenting so I can follow this topic easily.

5 Likes

i used to use quotev and wattpad until i got banned from both of those sites (lol)

2 Likes

Why did you get banned :joy:

3 Likes

Are you serious? Damn…what happened?
LOL!

2 Likes

@Vintaginity
internet hacktivists and vigilantes are actually not allowed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

What the hell???

3 Likes

i just didn’t like racists and bigots and got banned (also because i was fighting my internet stalker too)

3 Likes

Wild! Wattpad seems to ban people easily if you don’t agree with their views or break from the norm even slightly. Big reason why I left when I did. I’m just getting back Into wattpad but theg took all the social out of it.

5 Likes

Fuck them! You don’t need them if they treat you like that!

4 Likes

I’m on Wattpad, Inkitt, Royal Road and Scribble Hub. They all have their ups and downs. I wouldn’t recommend Scribble Hug thought. It’s pretty hard to get attention on :thinking:

5 Likes

I’ve only ever written on Wattpad. :woman_shrugging:

I’ve tried looking into other places, but some of them aren’t that great. Like people kept saying to go to A03, but that’s a fan-fiction site and I don’t read nor write in it. Some websites were a bit hard to understand or didn’t look as good. Or just didn’t have a big enough crowd, like I’ve done Vocal for short stories. I’ve grown up with Wattpad. I’d been an Ambassador for five years (cut ties with it in 2020). I have stories with a lot of popularity and I have a lot of followers that I’ve grown for ten years (but… the majority of them are probably non-existent anymore lol). I like Wattpad and I don’t think I’d ever leave. If I do find another writing website, I would just post stories on there that I’ve already posted or something like that.

5 Likes

Before you join any writing websites, take the time to read their copyright policies. Some of them will claim permanent ownership of anything you upload.

4 Likes

Thats really good advice! Especially for someone whose looking to seriously publish one day.

2 Likes

Yeah this is true! Though sometimes sites hide those :rofl:

Thank you for the great feedback though!

@anon39043209 I loved posting on fanfiction.net when I used to write fanfiction, so I think I would enjoy Fictionpress. Is it active? I’ve not read a lot there, mostly because there doesn’t seem to be a way to organize books you’re going to read to books you are reading (I like doing that :joy:)

3 Likes

Personally, the site has it’s ups and downs like most site, but there is some activity going on there.

I used to write on Fanfiction.net, but that was decades ago and prefer my own stories. You are welcomed to see if the site is good for you.

4 Likes

That is very true, every site has it’s ups and downs

1 Like

Indeed.

1 Like