Your favorite lore/myth that you've created for your fictional world!

In the world of “Girls don’t cry”, the Christian/Jewish/Muslim Goddess created the woman, Eve, in Her image, but she (Eve) needed company, so the Goddess created men, Adam, but Adam fell for the Original Sin, thus, men are responsable for the Original Sin, but due to falling in temptation and following the steps of Adam, Eve and all women were condemned to pay monthly blood

In Greek Mythology, Andrew opened the box containing all evil in the world

In Christian Mythology, Adama was daughter of the Goddess, also known as Adama Christ, thus the name “Christianity”, She lived in the Roman Empire, in the occupied Jerusalem, and She is considered the saviour of womankind by the Christians

1 Like

Which is hilarious because the crappy tropes that many of these stories have are STILL that way and the heroine is just supposed to fall in love with this twit of an Alpha. Let’s romance inhumane violence. Let’s romance carnality that isn’t faithful to you. Let’s romance extreme arrogance. Let’s romance a caste system that is inherently slavery-riddled. (Seriously, if an Alpha Command works, you’re a slave-driver. That’s forcibly taking other people’s autonomy away. Now, I rarely bring that up when I’m looking at it because there’s an extreme shift against showing anything about enslavement as positives. I mean, a Beta is a slave who is a leader himself. Any pack members who work their own paying job and keep most their own money is a Roman-era slave. Alphas who rarely use their ability and lead from the front are “good masters”. There’s a reason why this stuff is often called mental assault or worse.

Most people write this from innocence. I know what I’m looking at, when I see it.

This is exactly it. To be fair, a lot of people tend to write werewolf romance stories for fun. Going into critical thought about where any of these ideas originated, and what they represent, would seem null to someone who simply wants to play into the trope, which is fine. But for someone who takes it seriously and dedicates themselves to writing a larger verity of werewolf-inspired content, I would have a harder time forgiving ignorance.

The thing I did that helps ease it is that was treating it more like science fiction, where this is Spock–but without the face-touching…but more primitive. (For the whole world, not individual stories. Individual stories have idiots.) They’re starting to gather the information on what exactly they are and how much of their past they are willing to she’d, especially as human tech is getting harder and harder to evade.

But it’s a genre I don’t want to stay in because you can’t ignore it forever. You have to totally step away from the tropes and basically start from scratch to not have those conflicts boiling under the surface.

And there are still some good things. You have the ability to make it psychically reciprocating, which I did. I have it so an Alpha leans on the power of his pack and a lack of trust from the pack finishes the Alpha’s control…so it becomes “all that mess is allowed via democratic will”…which is still mob rule, but it’s better than leaving one person with the entirety of the power.

Still a mess, very easily.

It’s funny, I have this ONC’s Alpha being pushed around by his pack, a bit. A weak Alpha, still set in being an idiot.

actually in both America and Ireland exist tamer or nice versions of werewolves too. It really be West-Europe that went ham on the “evil” part. Guess it might be related to how one views animals in general?

Probably came out with a bad batch of raibees.

XD

I actually wrote an entire theoretical essay on werewolves and what they actually served to represent when the lore of them was first created. Mostly went into the european side of this, as their ideas on werewolves seemed to be mired more into the idea of humanity bordering on evil.

Basically just think that all lore creatures are created as a coping mechanism for people to justify human evil–it helps them dissociate monsterous actions from human society to therefore protect themselves from the concept that human beings, not beasts, could commit such vulgar and foul acts.

There’s a particular illustration of early ideas of werewolves. It depicts a village scene where men have turned into beasts, literally half man half wolf. In it, they are eating other dead villagers. I think this is the best representation for what a werewolf was to the people who created the concept. Beast or man, the line between an anamalistic and primal urge has been crossed.

There’s also a lot of Greek myth on it. The creation of werewolves in that myth also plays off the question of humanity, and presents the werewolf itself as a cursed being (mainly for trying to feed the gods human flesh). A big question in much of the lore is if lycanthropy is an actual curse, where you lack autonomy and therefore are not forgoing your humanity, or if the werewolf itself is the result of already forgoing humanity.

In more Christian myth, the werewolf (of course) has ties to the devil. In some myths, the devil is able to take possession of a werewolf’s body. The mythology surrounding this is actually quite complex. There’s a lot of ideas that suggest the werewolf is more-so a human allowing Satan to take control over them, which then causes them to become bestial. But there’s also lore that disuades against that.

There’s also a lot of things that go into desire. If you lack the autonomy to willingly consent to vulgur acts, then it’s a curse. But other’s beleive the curse comes to you if you already have the desire/urge to do inhumane acts upon others.

Ofc, each culture all has cultivated lore and ideas on it, so it’s important to consider cultural standards of what humanity was, and also the historical standard for such judment.

Basically, I conclude that the creation of such beasts was used to help people comfort themselves of the fact that humans were not capable of such acts, but beasts. Therefore, they and their loved ones were safe from doing these things. A trend people in society continue. Dubbing murderers and such people as “monsters” in order to seperate themselves from that person. It is not an easy thing to conceive that you or someone you love is capable of doing something evil, and yet doing so does not make you less human. It’s worth noting that animals do not have such a system for justice or concious ideas of murder and other acts of evil. They simply act on what they’ve learned from their kin and their base instincts. People, on the otherhand, have awareness for their actions which makes an act of evil not an act of animalistic or primal nature, but of human nature. Humans are the only creatures capable of conflicting moralities. Therefore, the only true evil that exists is in the human species.

2 Likes

This was very interesting to read. Thank you :blush:
I’ve done some impulsive research myself. The werewolf trials I came across are morbidly fascinating, cause they clearly show where the absolutelt horrible people of the time went. Interestingly, I did stumble upon a trial where a man convinced the court he used his werewolf disguise to fight the devil.

2 Likes

If you’re interested in the macarbe, you should look up prone burials. Some wild lore in that, and absolutely insane stories. Really goes to show how people back then dealt with unexplainable things like natural disasters, drout, ect.

Also hilarious about that guy fighting the devil, lmaooo. Mad lad

1 Like

I’ll check it out! Although the werewolf crimes I read about kinda left me feeling disgusted so we’ll see how it goes

yeah XD

Yeah, one thing’s for sure is that a crime where someone was accused of being a werewolf is bound to be unsettling.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.