A church in my area had this as their sign

Whenever a church does an innuendo on their signs I have to wonder whether or not they know what their doing.

6 Likes

Most the time, no they don’t. Social conditioning is what gets you to see smut in everything. I’m faster to “get it” when people constantly bombard me with it.

But sometimes they do. You can tell when it’s trying to be funny, though.

3 Likes

Whooooaaaa. :open_mouth: That sounds so bad lol :laughing: Who approved this message? Bet the teens are snickering, and the congregation has no idea what’s so funny.

1 Like

when I was in utah there was this church that always had the funniest things on their board. Like, they were purposefully being funny. Haven’t seen a funnier board since.

2 Likes

Probably someone old who doesn’t get the whole sex thing

2 Likes

Well there definately is some cultural differences due to age. My parents couldn’t stand that I’d say “I’m screwed”. Their generation hears “I’ve been thoroughly fornicating”. My.husband and I are a year and a half apart, we don’t hear that at all, when we use it.

So, when I don’t know the culture of the church and age of the members in question, I’m pretty hesitant to assume much.

But this morning, someone from my sect posted this to tick off the more straight-laced members:

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

That’s literally something that Wilmer would say to Ricky.

1 Like

Hey there,

Your thread looks like it’s better suited to #adult-den , so I’ve gone ahead and moved it there for you.

– Joy

1 Like

i’m sending all of these to my mom

i don’t have a pic of it but the other day i drove past a church sign that read “FREE TRIPS TO HEAVEN”
and i just don’t think they thought that through.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.