A free writing resource (wordcount tracker)

Hello there! A while back, I made this fancy little spreadsheet for myself to keep track of my WIPs progress. It allows me to see daily progress, weekly progress, and overall progress to see if I’m on schedule, behind it, or ahead of it. By giving a broader view than just daily, it allows you to celebrate hitting larger goals. Plus, it’s free!

How it works

1. Press this link to go to the spreadsheet.
  2. Go to “Files” in the top left corner if you are on PC
  3. Then go to “Make a copy”
  4. Make a copy for yourself
  5. Start filling it in

Accountability will follow! Be forewarned, looking at that sheet may force you to write when you realise you’re slacking. Feel free to share this resource with any writer that might need it. It’s for everyone to use.

Example of what mine looks like

13 Likes

Bump!

20191204_131738_1

4 Likes

This is amazing! Thank you!

2 Likes

No problem! <3 I’d be curious to see what everyone’s sheets look like once a month or two have passed

2 Likes

Mine probably wouldn’t look all that great. I really hope I can structure my writing a little with the help of your sheet. At least make it a little more of a constant in my everyday life

1 Like

Be sure to set reasonable (read: low) goals for yourself so you can celebrate them when you hit them and then write some more. And then when you look back, you can see how far you’ve already come. It should help give you the motivation to keep going and keep writing regulary

2 Likes

Exactly! Now I just have to give myself a smack on my ass and actually do it! Thanks for this amazing piece of help

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Happy to help :hearts:

1 Like

3 Likes

The hardest part is making it a routine . Writing constantly instead of when a muse is around

2 Likes

Hi! I’m going to move your thread to #writing-improvement since it seems more suited there. Sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Gods, I was terrified for a sec that my thread had been closed. Glad it hasn’t

2 Likes

No worries XD just had to move it to a better place

2 Likes

Lotsa category changes today. You’ve been busy

2 Likes

Definitely XD

2 Likes

Boop!

1 Like

And another