A LONG writing vent and I am sorry for that, really I am...

I like the way you think, friend.

1 Like

But how can that one person ever read it if it’s never published? ¯\_(ﭢ)_/¯

1 Like

I guess they don’t and won’t…

1 Like

Yup! And that’s sad ˓(ˊᘩˋ⋆)

1 Like

Don’t write for other people. That’s one of the most important things you’ll ever be told. If you don’t enjoy the story and what it brings, then don’t bother. It’ll feel like just another job instead of something you actually want to do. Write for yourself. Don’t worry about what others think because, at the end of the day, the work will have your name on it. Write what you want to write. Take as long as you need to get there. If you ever want to publish later down the line, self-publishing is actually a thing and a lot of us do it just as a hobby, not as a way of income, and a way to connect with other authors who also enjoy writing but don’t want a career in it. You can work it on your own schedule ad write what you want to write instead of what a publishing house tells you to write. Stressed about writing? Stop. Take a breath. Sort yourself out. Figure out what the issue is then get back to it. Let yourself think. Get 20 whiteboards if you have to. Make a conspiracy wall. Cover your office in sticky notes.

The important thing is to write because you want to, not because you think other people expect it of you. Do it because you love it. And as others have said in this thread, publishing or not, it is pretty much the same process.

I hope that you’re able to get some of the pressure off yourself and are able to chill for a bit. It really sucks when you start feeling that way so I genuinely hope you can work though it.

As for the youtube thing, I don’t watch those types of videos :joy: I actually follow surprisingly few writing-related things on any form of social media because a) I can’t be bothered and b) I’m not actually that interested. I’ll look at tips and stuff, but I don’t let myself go down the rabbit hole :sweat_smile:

Do what makes you happy, mate. Life Is waaaaaaay too short to worry about what other people think

2 Likes

Yeah, I secretly compare myself to the YouTubers who vlog in regards to writing or in general. I only do it because my life is going absolutely nowhere and I blame my mental health for that.

Sorry, I HAVE to blame my AuDHD for making me like this and none of what I’ve been going through in my life is my fault. It never was my fault and it still isn’t my fault. Mentally, I am STRUGGLING and it sucks! I am doing so much and even with what I am doing, it’s a massive pain.

Since my dreams of publishing have died, writing fiction novels and world-building my fictional planet WILL NEVER die.

So, give up on being a published author, but don’t give up on the love for writing.

I always write for myself. I was just impatient and watching others living their lives set in motion while mine isn’t crippled me in the worst way.

Honestly, I would rather, listen to music on YouTube then I will probably fall back into the rabbit hole again vlogs and other stuff, another vicious cycle. So, I need to be harsher on myself.

I will have to delete my YouTube account like I did with Pinterest.

Writing doesn’t stress me out, but knowing that I am doing the SAME THINGS EVERY DAY and no progress is made stresses me out. So, I love writing, I hate restricting myself and I hate hurting myself watching others succeed where I am constantly stuck and failing.

I will continue to write, I just no longer want to become a published author.

Honestly, I don’t want to work, I just want to focus on my hobbies and focus on getting better and as stable as I can be mentally.

2 Likes

Wattpad and other sites…

SD

2 Likes

Are there good friendly websites for amateur writers or writers who don’t want to publish offline yet want’s to connect with other writers?

I used to run one, but it has closed now… Mainly because some of the older writers retired from their writing and some just plainly gave up… It became just three of us in the end and I handed the admin to another who emailed me after a few months to say she was shutting it down…

But I don’t really know of anyothers… Sorry.

SD

1 Like

Ah, I see.

Well, I just thought I asked. It sucks that happened.

So long as you don’t give up on the thing you love, I think you’ll be great

Ah, yes, that makes sense.

Hopefully no longer having the added stress of thinking you need to accomplish something with your writing will be able to help you out

2 Likes

Thank so much!

1 Like

And I’d love to see it :wink:

2 Likes

You will, just not that much, since anymore would be too much.
What I mean is, I am not publishing, yet I still like gushing…a little bit.

Sorry.

1 Like

Gush as much as you want or as little as you want. Honestly, getting to see glimpses of your work is already good for me :wink:

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks again everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.