Alagossia needs to take shape???

In my mind Alagossia is a spherical planet, and yet this is my story. So, for shits and giggles, it could be a damn cube.

I am overthinking it and I know that! Yet the Mist (the air) on Alagossia is so wacky and unhinged, but the planet’s shape could play a bit of a role. Yet it doesn’t even matter since it’s fictional.

So, to hell with it, Alagossia is an enormously massively big ass plant in the shape of a cube that has very dense rings that are bigger than Saturn times ten.
Why the rings, it poses as the other dimensions that the other Saints and other gods dwell? They are only viewed by the First Ones and First Children, who actually live there.

Thoughts? Feelings? Whatever?

2 Likes

@TheTigerWriter
@NatilladeCoco
@lowarlo
@SecretDurham
@alenatenjo

1 Like

That’s sort of the thought I had when creating Elgana.

I thought, hey, no one’s stopping me. I can do whatever the heck I want :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

But you have to be prepared to be questioned.

People can be like “and so…how does gravity work? how do the tides work? what’s up with atmosphere? what about the core of the planet? how do the days work? is there a sunrise and sunset?” and all that other stuff. They want to be all sciency and realistic.

I’ve always been like “oh well, basically the same as Earth because magick, and there’s no oceans on Elgana”. End of story :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yeah…sad sighs yeah…

I am world building so that is something I can think and ponder on in a way that both I and they get it…

I hate that I am one of those people too. God, do I hate it so much!
Yet it makes slight sense, but I still hate it.

2 Likes

If you can make it work, cool. If not, just say it’s magick and deal with the details later :wink:

2 Likes

Honestly, that is more so what is the overall truth. Alagossia was supposed to be a new home to the gods after a divine war, yet it’s home to the gods and other lesser races and the magic plays a part in why things are the way they are.

2 Likes

I’d stick with something similar to Earth when it comes to seasons, weather patterns and such (Might want to look to various weather patterns Like El Ninio and such effects of the Oceanic warm water flow of the Drift and stuff).

Look to our own weather patterns and choose between making your own or going with what we usually know from our own weather patterns.

SD

2 Likes

It’s funny you mention that. The weather is similar to Earth in a way, but there are some stark differences since the world is very different to earth.

The Mist makes it so.

1 Like

Think of it as High Pressure and Low Pressure maybe… We know that this is what causes strong winds, and warm calm weather… Maybe it could use such pressures to move and in differing densities of it too…

However, that is a lot of thought and research to make it truly reasonable, but I guess it could be simplified with a bit of work (Research wise)…

SD

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. I’ll never get started on my novels Project Frostsong and Project Lionheart until the world-building is completed in a way where I am satisfied.

2 Likes

Honestly cube planets always throw me off because that’s not really how planets work :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

True. I mean it’s not like a ball that when you throw it bounces back, but it moves enough.

All jokes aside, the other original option would be to go back to the sphere form instead.

2 Likes

So long as a cube shaped world works in the context of your story, then it’s all good. A little weird, but a good weird

2 Likes

It’s weird and it needs to make a bit of sense, but I’d rather have it in a cube way.

Then there’s Discworld, but I am sure Pratchett explained that in one of his books…maybe.

1 Like