AMA: Let's talk about villains! Our villains primarily!

Like I said, I can’t answer questions about my villain due to real world triggers, but I can ask you questions. The first is why is your villain evil? I don’t mean how is she evil, but what is the reason behind it? Most people try to be good and have no wish to harm others, so if someone (even a god or other being) is wicked there’s generally a special reason behind the antisocial behavior.

2 Likes

As painfully as I want to say Nirvana’s reason for being “evil” is because she was simply created to be that way, I WANT TO SAY THAT SHE IS “EVIL” BECAUSE SHE IS JUST CREATED THAT WAY!!!

The only other more plausible reason for her evil ways probably because she is bored, tired, bitter about being so ultra powerful that she just wants to raise havoc in the hopes that someone stops her for good.

Like Genesis. Since she can’t full be good, she sees being “evil” as the only other way in hopes that someone or something insanely strong puts in end to that.

In other words, Nirvana wants to be stopped even if it doesn’t seem like it.

Who wants to be ridiculously over-powered and a cruel being when there’s nobody to physically stop you? Most evil people/beings would LOVE that wholeheartedly. She isn’t truly “evil” since the only good that lies within her is Genesis and that seeps out in various way even if a little.

So, Nirvana just wants to find someone to put an end to her “wicked” deed…even if that someone is herself…her good self.

2 Likes

In the case of Halucina, there is more to be gained than lost by stabbing yourself and blaming the person you hate the most.

2 Likes

Oooh, Halucina sounds interesting! This is your villain? So tell us about her/him…it sounds female to me. (ღ˘ᴗ˘ღ)

2 Likes

Tell us more, please!

2 Likes

Quite possibly one of my most actively malicious and scheming characters. You can blame her for your terrible migranes.

2 Likes

@NotARussianBot and @Akje:

Maybe in some odd way, Nirvana is a manifestation of my inner issues coming out in an “evil” light.

So, I’ve been thinking about this Nirvana in various ways that just make sense.

Like Nirvana is my inner turmoil that seems to be larger than what most people see. My inner flaws, problems, and other disabilities that I can’t figure out how to overcome it, and I am struggling with it.

So, Nirvana is the “evil” within me that is screaming to be vanquished.

Hence, why Genesis exists, but lies dormant inside me.

I didn’t mean to get that way, but something is nagging at me, about Nirvana and a lot of other things in my life.

Sorry if it seems real heavy or not the same anymore.

2 Likes

I’d argue that is deeply fascinating

2 Likes

…I am thinking my writing fiction nowadays is not only an escapism because I love to create my own fictional realms and explore the creative writing world through my eyes, but also as a way of crying out for some type of help even if it doesn’t seem like it in the slightest.

Like I constantly think about what it would be like to live in the world of Alagossia and have an amazing life, even if a little.

I always seem to dwell on my fantasy…mentally.

3 Likes

Okay, so I had to go do some writing because I hadn’t written the story with the villains in a while.

I have three levels of villains in The Rat Girl:

First level: the “I have a dream to be the most powerful one” villain who is really, really hard to defeat in that she just seems to not die :stuck_out_tongue: She has a dream of being powerful because she was born without magical powers and felt insecure about it. She doesn’t necessarily want to rule the land, but she works with the Second level villain who does.

Second level: the “my land was stolen, so I’m taking it back by force!” villain. It’s a good reason. You can understand where she’s coming from. She’s just not doing it in a nice way. Her sister is the Third level villain. They work together for a time.

Third level: the “I want to be powerful because I can” villain. This one is the craziest. She used to have a good reason but has since lost that reason and now all she wants is power for no reason. She’s always gotten what she wants making her selfish to this day.

2 Likes

I can see the thrid level villain as being a very fun rival

1 Like

Personally, I think the best books are written that way. They have more heart and feeling. ٩(˘◡˘)۶

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

So, because they are one being, they can’t destroy each other without destroying themselves?

“saner evil”?

I have no comments on this statement :joy: It just made me laugh

3 Likes

I honestly have no idea which one is mainstream appealing but I’d say Nephthys and Kek are pretty close for the one I find most repulsive :joy:

3 Likes

Yup.

Pretty much an evil that is calm, cool, and mentally collected.

Dang, I wish my embodiment of evil was calm, cool and mentally collected :joy: Though mine doesn’t really qualify as a villain so I didn’t add him to my initial list

2 Likes

I wrote Lucifer to be a cyclops twink who speaks entirely in condescension and back handed compliments so I think that even the people who think they would like him would probably back out once he gets to the ableist insults.

2 Likes

Pissy. He is the embodiment of this years ONC Prompt 69.

4 Likes

Third level villain is also really cunning. In fact, she’s the mastermind behind all the evil things going on in the story. Then she becomes humongous in the end like Ursula did in The Little Mermaid.

2 Likes