šŸ¤Æ Any other AI art addicts here? šŸ¤Æ

Somewhat related. Has anyone had experience with using ChatGPT AI, or anything similar, for art or writing development?

My first thought was using this software to generate accurate AI Art (NightCafe) prompts based on my traditional / casual English character descriptionsā€¦the irony of using AI to converse with AIā€¦or to have ChatGPT edit my stories, translate them into other languages, and write more appealing synopsis / tags (apparently within the AIā€™s abilities).

General purpose / adaptive AI is an interesting if not daunting concept. Hereā€™s another, older, video about the possible future of AI.

2 Likes

I havenā€™t used ChaptGPT yet. Iā€™ve seen people do some really cool things with it, as in, using it as a tool which is really what these programs are meant for.

Iā€™ve played with Replika chat bot in the past. It was a phone app in pretty early stages of development. It was frustrating to talk to sometimes but also pretty funny at other times. Wait, I think I had a Twitter Moment combining my chats but I think they disabled that feature.
I found this little thread though https://twitter.com/Kamiccola/status/947327962097111040?s=20&t=wRMiS3Ayc9pcWNWBy4-TkA

Anyway, I was curious recently and found the same app. Though it looks fancier, I actually found it less fun to use than that early days version. Youā€™d think it wouldā€™ve improved with time, not gotten worse.

Reports Iā€™ve heard were that it does great as a programming translator, as in, you tell it in English what you want the code to do and it creates the code. It could become the future of coding.

But I also heard that it doesnā€™t do as well when translating human languages. I think it would be good enough for basic translation, it could be understood, but not exactly enjoyable.

Iā€™ve had thoughts like that bouncing around my head too. But more as in to determine what type of tags produce good results when combined with which tags. Iā€™d like to experiment and record that data somewhere and have AI learn from my findings to later give me better prompts. But training it this way would take some time and Iā€™m not in the mood for it at the moment. Iā€™ve got plenty of other projects waiting for my attention.

1 Like

For creative work ChatGPT is excellent for brainstorming or very rough first drafts, but I wouldnā€™t say it produces particularly compelling work without a lot of handholding. I asked it to outline plot beats for The Office episodes and it did well, but the dialogue it wrote was terrible.

2 Likes

AI has to be trained to write human dialogue, so extra work.

My portrait attempt for my first novelā€™s other main character (no photoshop editing).

Zorik Liev, former Israeli commando (Golani Brigade), now a mercenary and Ashleyā€™s companion.
(His jacket should be wool-linedā€¦an IDF officerā€™s coatā€¦)

And here are two attempts with a major supporting characterā€¦

Naida Orsy, Siberian farm girl, AWOL army conscript, Ashleyā€™s new and closest friend.
(NightCafe doesnā€™t seem to comprehend freckles).

2 Likes

I entered a manic phase today when trying to create Ciara because the majority of the results are absolutely stunning! OMG, I want to share but which ones do I pick? I had accumulated some nightcafe credits over the last few weeks (also placed in a few of the daily challenges, that always helps) and Iā€™ve used up at least 40 already trying to create her. So many amazing results but I keep hoping to land on the perfect one. Will I get lucky? How many credits will it take?

I was also successfully able to use Wombo creations as starting images in NC and that is amazing. I never had luck with it in the past but this prompt just works wonders.

So the NC prompt creates stunning results, right? But for the life of me it refuses to put her in scrubs. On Wombo, results are much lower quality but I easily put her in scrubs. Once I uploaded that into NC, then I got some scrubs results (and plenty not).

So here is currently the official Ciara (upscaled so it looks great). I call it, Ciara in her non-work clothes.

Her face looks like what I imagined and she has that fun hairdo that I wanted to give her (btw, for the longest time I kept spelling mohawk wrong and kept wondering why it wasnā€™t giving me mohawks :woman_facepalming:t4:).

I tried to evolve that to add scrubs and got awesome results but no scrubs.

Hereā€™s a cool example with scrubs but not exactly work appropriate, lol

Evolving it didnā€™t help (but do you see what I mean? Theyā€™re all gorgeous!)

In Wombo, I was able to put her in scrubs but as far as her face, Iā€™m not getting Ciaraā€™s vibes from it.

I uploaded it into NC and got much cooler results and finally some scrubs. It doesnā€™t feel like her though. I would maybe accept the bottom right but not sure whatā€™s going on with that flesh necklace.

This Wombo one gives me Ciaraā€™s vibes. I lost the mohawk in it though and attempts at evolving it didnā€™t solve that.

Once a hairdo exists, just canā€™t turn it into a mohawk.

From other stunning creations, Iā€™ll show you this group because the upper left corner feels like Ciara. No mohawk but I love her. I like the one below too but the feather hair is not exactly a daily hairdo, is it? :sweat_smile: But can we take a moment to appreciate the shading of the folds on her shirt?

I was slightly modifying my prompt and settings between different generations but if anyone wants to create their own Ciara or tweak it, hereā€™s what went into that last set:

Summary

Stable 1.5

Prompt: Beautiful black nurse, woman in scrubs, mohawk, black goth, stunning, oil painting by josephine wall, cool, brilliant portrait, 8k resolution concept art by Greg Rutkowski, Artgerm, WLOP, Alphonse Mucha dynamic lighting hyperdetailed intricate trending on Artstation triadic colors Unreal Engine 5 volumetric lighting curvy

standard negative prompt (in some of the other creations I started adding ā€œjewelryā€ to filter those out).

all other settings standard

And just to prove that I do also experience wtf is this results, hereā€™s a fun one. Same prompt. I think what i did in this one was put ā€œgoth punkā€ next to each other so maybe thatā€™s what did it? No clue what went wrong. Itā€™s pretty hilarious though how much it diverges from all other ones.

Update: I kept trying, evolving and evolving and evolving and Iā€™m nearly out of credits. Iā€™m still not happy.
I really hope my last entry in the daily challenge (cowboy) scores well because I need those credits!!!

1 Like

I was reading this article about dogs and it was so poorly written, I actually did the ā€œdonā€™t show stories fromā€¦ā€ step so I wouldnā€™t land on that website again.

And right after, I realized that the article had to have been written by AI. Thatā€™s why it sucked so much. :scream:

Okay, Iā€™m all for using AI as a tool but when people publish the crappy content as is without any editing, I am very much against it.

1 Like

Made these three

on NightCafe!

2 Likes

I really love NightCafe!!! I made a few for an unnamed Greek Oracle! Which one is your favorite?

2 Likes

I like them all but probably the first the most.

1 Like

Has anyone experimented with Midjourney AI for graphic design work?

1 Like

I havenā€™t watched the video yet. Iā€™ll check it out later. How would you use it for graphics design?

I accidentally had NightCafe create mockups of a book cover for me which gave me ideas how to do an awesome cover, but still ** I ** had to do the cover, I didnā€™t use what it made for me because, well, AI text isā€¦ uhm, creative.

1 Like

For webpages, book covers, or advertising, you could use Midjourney for drafting, colour selection, storyboarding, or element layouts (and maybe create the individual elements with graphics AI, and a transparent background for Photoshop / Word Press / Weebly use). ChatGPT could also be used for the webpage coding or text creation.

I noticed on the Australian Reddit page that our schools and universities are in a mild panic over AI, and the difficulties with determining which texts are AI and student created. Heh, and weā€™re still in the prototype stage of general purpose AI.

Another somewhat related morning find. For ~$80,000 (US) you can own an AI-capable computer serverā€¦

1 Like

Finally created a discord account and began playing with Midjourney.
First ā€˜successfulā€™ attempts with a character portrait for Karen Gavish (as she appears in my first novel), a major supporting character, Israeli billionaire heiress, new and proud yet inexperienced owner of a mercenary army.

^Update: Just noticed the candelabra. Wish I could replace it with a Menorah.

(MidJourney has trouble counting fingers apparently)

Hannahā€™s Alpina B6, parked outside Karenā€™s villa.

ā€¦and Iā€™ve used up my free trial just as I was plotting the prompts for Hannah (Karenā€™s adopted daughter in my current work). Ah-well.

Guess if I want anything more realistic I should invest in a Daz-3D computer setup, or a professional cameraā€¦Both would cost about the sameā€¦

2 Likes

These are beautiful! Great job!

2 Likes

Have you thought of browsing through DeviantArt for AI Art / Artists. I found a few interesting images during my last visit. Their prompts were not listed though, and the images probably had plenty of post-editing.

1 Like

Those spaces are not ideal for sharing AI creations as it upsets artists so I wouldnā€™t look there.

I have seen some amazing art on Instagram. It blows my mind.

1 Like

I would paint over that in an art program to get more specific details, like the correct amount of fingers and the menora.

Well, maybe if Deviantartā€™s Dream didnā€™t reference peopleā€™s creations without permission, then we would have a different story.

Newgrounds, I know, has a specific section for AI art.

1 Like

Here are some other MidJourney renders that slipped passed in my feed. Too busy trying to figure out how to use Discord and the MidJourney prompts. Iā€™m considering a subscription for further experiments.

^I did some experiments with character profiles for Dov. These are okay, but the face is too gaunt and sternā€¦Dov is more youthful, passive, gentle (until some fool upsets one of his friends)ā€¦Should have a green Commando beret too. The Australian SAS have the brown beret.

2 Likes