🤯 Any other AI art addicts here? 🤯

Is Midjourney having a laugh?

Prompt: Photograph of a pearlescent blue RAM1500, photo-realistic, ultra-detail, DSLR, 22 megapixels, 4K

3 Likes

According to AI, this is what Julio looks like:

2 Likes

After another day’s experimenting (promise I’m not an addict), I recommend typing out your prompts in a Word .doc (or similar) first. Spell checking saves much embarrassment on public forums. Also good for recording effective prompt combinations, and mixing them for future experiments. Mixing in terminology from other art professions (esp. photography) is also advisable.

If you’re using MidJourney, or another Discord-based AI art program, create your own Discord server and add the AI bot to that server. Much easier to track the progress of your own prompt experiments on a separate server, and keep the blunders somewhat private.

Lotto wish-list inspiration

^for when you move home by towing it.

2 Likes

I must say, as much as I love seeing my creations come to life, I still love the accidental abstracts. I’m in love with this one, for example, which I call the Rainbow Bridge.

I can envision printing this out and putting it in a frame. I can look at it all day.

2 Likes

One of the main failure points of the AI art programs I’ve encountered is their abysmal image size and resolution. I learnt in digital photography study, you only work in large formats…at least 2000x2000 and 300dpi…Apparently Adobe Light Room has decent resizing tools, and there are a few AI-based resizing websites available (for a fee), but there’s a persistent loss of image quality (clarity / sharpness).

Anyway, fun times ahead for when AI art software can match the image quality and size of a 48 mega pixel full-frame DSLR / Mirrorless camera.* Daz-3D is almost at this level, depending on the rendering computer.

*You know the photo is in focus when you can count the pours on the model’s skin. ~ A saying about portrait and fashion photography.

2 Likes

Just remembered the Touring Car races in Australia’s north had Aboriginal art designs on some of the cars. I wanted those designs printed and framed. A very long time ago there was an art exhibition at the Sydney gallery where several Aboriginal artists were each given a BMW sports car to paint. Pity they didn’t fit in carry-on luggage.

AI Art HSVs

2 Likes

Another one.

It is Getty Images’ position that Stability AI unlawfully copied and processed millions of images protected by copyright and the associated metadata owned or represented by Getty Images absent a license to benefit Stability AI’s commercial interests and to the detriment of the content creators

This is an important part: they’re willing to work with AI technology but they require purchasing a license which is very reasonable.

Getty Images believes artificial intelligence has the potential to stimulate creative endeavors. Accordingly, Getty Images provided licenses to leading technology innovators for purposes related to training artificial intelligence systems in a manner that respects personal and intellectual property rights. Stability AI did not seek any such license from Getty Images and instead, we believe, chose to ignore viable licensing options and long‑standing legal protections in pursuit of their stand‑alone commercial interests.

As a side note, it always makes me uncomfortable whenever I see watermark or a signature come out in AI because you know that at least one copyrighted image has gone into the generation.

I’m looking forward to the future retrained models that won’t use unauthorized images.

1 Like

Began editing my MidJourney creations in Photoshop with mixed results. Maybe it can’t handle the unusual colour gradients, or I’m too rusty. Luminar AI or Aurora HDR might be easier. The following are some brief PS image edits…Wish there was a non-tedious way to remove freckles…

Freyja before and after fitness / Commando training with Dov

Freyja_Gym_4
Freyja_Gym_5

Our new housemate’s a Little Miss Terminator ~ Krista.

Krista clocking up gym hours to help with Freyja's training

The daughter of career mercenaries should at least set an example for her new housemates (and keep up with them).

2 Likes

@Kamiccola have you used artbreeder’s collage program yet? Copyright aside, you get really interesting results.

"King of all peacocks - made with @NightCafeStudio

#aiart #nightcafe #digitalart

1 Like

I played with it and well, it’s a toy. I haven’t been able to create anything impressive from it. I gave up on Artbreeder.

1 Like

@MatthewJH I made this

3 Likes

I experimented with some MidJourney character art with references to Masamune Shirow, probably my first favourite anime / manga artist. The original Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell anime movies were / are awesome. MidJourney’s results were somewhat similar to his early manga comic style, but nothing close to his artbook / art calendar works. Not complaining. I hope Shirow’s style remains unique for a long time.

Respect the classics, man ~ Cars (Pixar movie).

Oh, I noticed random gibberish text presented like an artist’s signature in at least one of my character experiments. A little strange as I didn’t prompt for text. One more thing to edit out I guess.

2 Likes
More experiments with the character Hannah and her pet Alpina (unedited)

Midjourney has problems with relative object size and object positioning…The prompt was next to the car, not in front of it…

^I recently discovered BMW’s contemporary stable of V8s are renowned for rubbish reliability (and have little chance of surviving desert environments)…Not something Hannah would tolerate for more than a heartbeat…So maybe Hannah’s step brother, a genius level Army mechanic, swapped out the “designed to keep BMW repair shops full” European V8 with a “hope you don’t swallow your tongue” Australian / US V8.

3 Likes

Couples are really hard. I spent maybe 50 credits already today and still I haven’t landed on the kind I want. But in the process, I did create a few good ones.

This one became my favorite just because of her expression. :rofl:

1 Like

Decided to experiment with some profile pics for Leon (18); son of Karen and Zorik, and Hannah’s ‘little’ step-brother.

Guess Leon inherited Zorik's stength

Also attempted to create character pics of Freyja with a hand-made silver necklace (Viking pattern links), a gift from Dov. None of the prompt experiments were successful, but there were some interesting alternatives.

Freyja's jewellery collection, Part 1

^Three additions from Krista, perhaps.

2 Likes

Leon looks like if the guy in the ultra chad meme looked like an actual human being.

1 Like

I have seen viking treasure necklaces which are a bit like charm bracelets but in a sense more gaudy.

Would this help the AI?

1 Like

Freyja’s necklace is all sterling silver with a heavy gauge. Dov’s hands being too big and powerful for the more delicate silver gauges.

A little necklace background info

About a year before the story, Dov made the necklace while teaching himself silversmithing…therapy experiment for PTSD…But after several pieces Dov decided he had zero artistic talent and abandoned the experiment.
Five chapters into the story, Freyja helps Dov to unpack his belongings into his new room. Dov notices Freyja had discovered his silver experiments, and she is captivated by the necklace. Later Dov gives Freyja the necklace as a reward for her dedication and achievements…Henceforth Freyja is rarely seen without the necklace…

I just found these guides for jewellery link types.

Freyja’s necklace would be segments of either belcher (dual cable) links or byzantine joined by reef-knot links…

…in effect, fashionable anchor chain (it could probably be used as such).

2 Likes
First image I thought of

Reddit has much to answer for.

2 Likes