🤯 Any other AI art addicts here? 🤯

She looks like she was a screen siren in her younger days.

1 Like

Freckles are looking a lot better. I wonder how I could train the AI to make port-wine stain style birthmarks, though.

Do you use any modifiers to indicate skin texture?

The problem I’m seeing is that if I do photorealistic portraits, everything looks photoshopped. I tried to use negative keywords for “airbrushed” or “retouched” and positive for “skin texture” but it still looks too even.

1 Like

I want… when I have time (ha-ha!) use the AI to rewrite my Space Spinster into a lighter novel that has a lot of weird ‘space’ imagery. For it, Dream-E is great because some filters turn stuff into… really weird stuff. So, I think I should be able to have lots of fun.

Here is a portrait I made for my character banner:

2 Likes

Oh, I like that one

1 Like

I’ve found that getting the desired skin textures (and model - camera distances) tends to rely on luck. Sometimes I can get near-photo quality character portraits, other times they’re basic 2D paintings (despite the photographic prompts urging otherwise). Maybe the descriptive / scene based prompts also have an effect (confusing or overloading the software).

Fiction will never beat reality ~ unknown quote.

Oh, yesterday I had a run of about ten image results filled with micro-stock style watermarks or business / brand logos. The text was still gibberish, but none of it was asked for. Tinkering with the character description seemed to fix the issue although it was still annoying.

Also, in one request the phrase ‘male bodyguard’ was read by the software as ‘male body’ and flagged as a banned term / prompt. Nice to know MJ considers my physical form to be outlawed. MJ’s randomness and inconsistencies make Daz-3D more appealing by the day (at least for character creation)…If only Daz-3D’s rendering software was AMD / Radeon graphics card compatible…

MIdjourney prompts for Naida in a forest (see above)

Young Siberian woman, 19 years of age, ginger, orange freckles, strong, muscular, attractive, beautiful, deep blue eyes, youthful complexion, smiling, friendly, green sweat top, standing in a winter forest, portrait photography, DSLR, shot on a Nikon, 24 mega pixels, UHD, ::5 blue eyes

Naida in a forest, head and shoulders shot

^watermark returneth
Prompt: **Full body photograph, Young Siberian woman, 19 years of age, ginger, orange freckles, strong, muscular, attractive, beautiful, deep blue eyes, youthful complexion, smiling, friendly, green jumper, standing in a winter forest, portrait photography, DSLR, shot on a Nikon, 85mm lens, 24 mega pixels, UHD, ::5 blue eyes, full body
Note: **Full body doesn’t always work.

Update: If you have access to MJ’s discord channel, browse through the image theme gen - character thread. You may find more prompt ideas there.

2 Likes

Oh, I hate the censorship because it doesn’t tell you which word triggered it.

On NC, I’ve recently had that problem and apparently it was the combination of “young boy.” :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

How else am I supposed to say it? I want to create a boy that’s young. If that was paired with something dirty, I can see why, but it wasn’t. I think my prompt was something like “young boy petting a black kitten.” Just why?

And it took me forever to figure out what the trigger was.

After I finally found the trigger and cut out “young,” it still didn’t render a boy but a girl or just a cat (or two cats).

I gave up on that prompt and just created a cat instead.
(It was for the daily challenge. I submitted the cat image above and got on a 10% list.)

1 Like

Today… tonight I was on a quest to create realistic skin.

Very long story short, my conclusion is that NightCafe does something to Stable that changes results. I don’t know if it’s a filter that they don’t admit to or if it’s a problem of computing power but the results of photo-realistic portraits are very far from the raw Stable which you can find for free on Hugging Face.

My final best result on Hugging Face is this. I have succeeded at last!

prompt

prompt: soft focus portrait of a beautiful woman, highly detailed skin texture, chestnut brown hair wavy, thoughtful, mother, forty-year-old mom, tack sharp, sunset in a garden, photojournalism, hazel eyes, bokeh, natural, gentle soul
negative: watermark, cut off, out of frame, monochrome, b&w, airbrushed, retouched, flawless, black and white, painting, drawing, grandma

Meanwhile, using the same prompt on NightCafe:

More prompt weight

It’s like a freaking Instagram filter.

1 Like

I know personally people who would read an article like this and take it at face value.

This isn’t a problem with AI (though they could build in some safeguards to not use “in a recent study” or anything of the sort). The major problem is in gullibility.

Critical thinking needs to become a subject studied from elementary school.

But don’t believe me. Believe the pretty words.

Btw, this post was inspired by my news feed that promoted cheese consumption. I thought, I bet I could get AI to write me an article like that and now I’m wondering if that article actually was written by AI.
It quotes people, etc, but I don’t know if they’re real or if they actually said those things and even if, are they qualified to make those claims.

AI exposes our weaknesses. They were always there. It’s only now that we see that all this time we shouldn’t have been so gullible.

1 Like

I must share my entry in the “silly selfies” challenge. If I get on the top 5% again, that’s 20 credits to make up for my “real skin” experiments. Wish me luck.

I won’t tell you what type of a selfie it is. You must click to unveil the surprise.

clickbait that's worth clicking for a change

This is the quality content that AI was created for.

1 Like

I’ve noticed some subtle improvements in Midjourney’s art generation…The next update should be interesting…

^still being haunted by watermarks though.

This video could be useful for post-production image editing.

2 Likes

This one though looks like an ad byline though.

Stable released a new version (2.1) that works very well for realistic images but Midjourney doesn’t use Stable, right? Or do they?

On Stable 2.1 negative prompts work well so I put “watermark” on all.

My recent favorite creation mania was for Melody. I needed a face for a new character so I looked through unused generations to see if I had an interesting face hiding in there and I found this lucky accident I got on the facemorph site long long time ago.

She’s gorgeous and I thought it was about time to get her our of the generic “faces” folder where all rejects end up and give her the spotlight she deserves.

The image is poor resolution so I was hoping to evolve her. The first attempts weren’t going well though.

It always helps the generations if you can correctly identify ethnicity but I have no idea what ethnicity she could be. I got really curious, so naturally, I ended up in a rabbit hole of research of human phenotypes.

If you click on the world map, you can see the different types of face structures common in different parts of the globe. It’s pretty fascinating. I also very much agree with the common phenotypes of Polish people (I’m Polish, btw). I know a bunch of people that would fit the East Europid, Nordid, and Pre Slavic phenotypes that are found in Poland. I think I’m of the latter.

So, clicking around the map, I’ve come to the conclusion that my gorgeous woman was close to Gracile Mediterranid or Trans Mediterranid, which as you can guess, covers people living around the Mediterranean Sea.

I decided to make her Greek in my story as a result of all this, and I looked up some Greek names and decided that Melody Kostas fits her. (she was initially Lily but that did not fit this image at all)

So in my experiments of evolving this image, I tried adding different countries to see their effect and omg, I made so many gorgeous versions of her. I’ve finally settled on these few as the “official” Melody.

Melody business

Melody fun

Melody casual (there was something weird going on with her hairline in several generations. I think I’m going to have to remove it in an editor)

Melody glam

All of the eyes are kind of wonky because Wombo has been having “eye” issues lately. It’s gotten better but still far from perfect. Not sure what they did to cause that. More work for the editing stage.

Funny sidenote, all of the images were of her looking over her shoulder because my initial attempt to evolve her started from this.

I was just trying to build a taller picture to evolve so I stretched her out and pasted her face over it. :sweat_smile:
I guess AI interpreting her second neck as a shoulder is better than giving her a double neck.

1 Like

That needs to have the link very close to it, so I can hunt down the study. If I see the study, and the article is not wholly slanted away from the mess, then I’ll post it.

But that gets tricky.

Like the experiment where they “turned off a belief in God”, all the articles at first were super-excited about how belief is just a flipped switch of the wiring in the brain.

But what that thing did was something far more scary. It turned off the same area of the brain that doesn’t communicate well in psychopaths. This indicates that the tendency to believe in a higher power is intertwined with the ability to reason situational ethics (higher morality). Its where you decide the order of operations on laws.

Example:
Theft is wrong, but theft to the starving is situational. This is why after Katrina the hard hit areas like New Orleans didn’t prosecute those who robbed grocery stores for food, but did prosecute those who ran off with TVs. It was a lawless moment where people were trying to survive until order could be restored, people needed mercy more than justice.

Anyway, they thought they had managed a “God is just the wiring of the brain”, but the real outcome when looking at everything, is that they managed to prove that “God is a required crutch to morality”. It 's why other studies show that just mentioning God improves willpower, having a smiley face around Wal-Mart does restrain some shoplifting, because the crutch that has been mocked since before I was born is a hard-wiring thing.

But you wont see a ton of articles connect that–partially because many jump to the conclusion that athesits are psychopathic…which is a hard no (but you dont want an article that appears to say that). Those with that tendency are just LAWFUL or exist in technicalities. They can function in any ideology just fine. They only really expose themselves in situational ethics, which is a daily life thing, not a religious one or lack thereof.

2 Likes

The longer I look at her, the more she looks like Ariana Grande.

1 Like

Now that you said it, I can’t unsee it. Especially on the last one.

1 Like

Why oh why does my go-to not understand bodycon dresses but can get lingerie down just fine?!

2 Likes

So, these are some shots from this attempt.

2 Likes

I like the lace sleeves on those dresses

These are the ones I didn’t settle on. It was surprisingly good, save for some minor glitches.

1 Like

The last one looks like Elvira in workplace approved dress

1 Like