Anyone have moving stories? [moving alone or with a family member]

We moved every year when i was growing up, ages 0-10. So ive lived in a lot of houses and i was too young to remember most of those stories. But then we found a house when i was 10 and we rented that for 13 years.

Come March 2021, after 13 years at the same house, our landlord just decided he would sell the house in a week. So within a week of us finding out, he had sold it.

The timing was SUPER bad. We had just put down our last senior pet back in November, gotten 2 puppies and a new cat. I was buying a new car and taking a trip in April of 2021 (it was scheduled july 2020 but then covid happened). We literally had nowhere to go at that point. So after spending 2 months packing and searching for places, my mom moved an hour away out east while i moved in with my stepdad a half hour out west.

Unfortunately, we had to give our cat to a new home because of it. We managed to keep our dogs (thankfully because i couldnt live without my baby). I took Zoey with me to my stepdads and trained her and everything. Then October of 2021, we got into our apartment and itll be a year next month.

It was such a sucky moving experience. Hopefully ill be able to buy a home someday and that will really cheer me up. It was just such a stressful 7 months.

2 Likes

Hi! I moved places about four times each time my mom and stepdad helped me prepare and get ready especially this time around because around then I will be heading hey tired to some weeks afterward and I wasn’t really doing anything. I was pretty exhausted for the entire week. But now I know that I much prefer world life to city life.

1 Like

Bad landlords and my mum not having great choices in boyfriends. Then we actually bought a house and she lost her job so we had to sell it. And now she’s trying to buy another.

1 Like

Oh gosh, that must be hard.

Wishing you and your family all the best.

1 Like

I don’t remember much because I was 7, but we moved in the third quarter of school. What I do remember is the car breaking down and we had to call for help. It only took about 10 minutes but to me it felt like 10 hours.

Then we didn’t have trouble until we got to the new house, where my baby brother (he was 4 months at the time) started crying because he was hungry, so my mother had to nurse him while my older siblings and father got the stuff we were able to take in the car into the house. I’m pretty sure I fell asleep halfway through that because I don’t remember the moving van coming :eyes:

2 Likes