Arcane fans pls explain

@copyedit Even worse, Kaij doesn’t ever have a love interest, unless you count Lady Luck. Even then, it’s a very toxic relationship.

1 Like

… are you arguing that Jinx shouldn’t hate herself, or that Kaiji should hate himself?

1 Like

I am saying that Jinx is less insane than Kaiji and has more people who care about her.

1 Like

i would argue that Jinx is more clinically insane. She obviously suffers from psychosis and ptsd whereas Kaiji has a gambling addiction.

1 Like

Is it more so pity rather than simply “caring”? Jinx had it bad whereas Kaiji placed himself in the situation he is now.

Maybe I am wrong and overthinking things, but that is how I am seeing it.

2 Likes

Gambling addiction is arguably the worst sort of addiction there is. If he doesn’t get help soon, he’ll be like the old lady who remembers when chocolate was invented.

Jinx also never cut off her ear to win a card game.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: is what pity?

maybe in Kaiji’s specific situation gambling is the worst addiction, but i think in general gambling is actually one of the (for lack of a better term) nicer addicitions. Call me crazy but gambling doesn’t normally involve organ failure or body parts slowly rotting off or contracting preventable deadly diseases and passing them on to people you care about.

that’s fair.

1 Like

Not if you’re Kaiji! :awesome: He has gotten his fingers cut off and his fingernails bloodied because of him loosing a few games.

1 Like

Do you think that Jinx would ever punch a mirror, and use the shards to cut off her ear in front of another person?

1 Like

And worse still, he is in extreme debt, so if his liver and his lungs start giving up on him, he’ll go right into gambling to get money. Seriously, he needs help before he destroys himself.

1 Like

yes lol

1 Like

Wrow really?