Are you a minimalist or a maximalist?

In regards to décor and design for your bedroom or overall home?
Do you like a lot of things or a little as possible?

Thoughts and feelings?

1 Like

By style? Maximalist. Like French architectural details. By want to do work on it? Minumalist.

1 Like

So, you’re half and half/a mixture of both?

maximalist definitely! my partner and i have our apartment chock full of all the things we like. a little clutter never hurt anybody.

2 Likes

I’m not cleanning what I like.

1 Like

Oh.

I’m a minimalist and don’t have a whole lot of decor in my room. But I think that’s largely due to moving so much. I’ve moved 3 times in the past 3 years. It is a lot easier to move when you don’t have to haul a ton of stuff across the country. Not to mention I don’t want to decorate a space that I’m just going to leave soon anyways. It’s too much work for little payoff.

2 Likes

Id say somewhere in the middle

1 Like

I like a lot of things. :rofl:

I like the idea of a minimalist, but I’m not that kind of person. I need a dozen bookshelves filled with books, random decoration pieces, and things to fill the walls and little crevices.

1 Like

I feel that. xD

Though, a part of me is the opposite. I’m not a minimalist, and I think that’s largely due to not having my own space (I’ve only ever had one year in my whole life where I had my own room, otherwise, I shared with siblings and the rooms were almost always small). I moved a lot, too, and while it’s easier having little to nothing, it’s a little harder to throw things away or give things away just because they can’t fit in a single car. I’m not a hoarder, but I feel like I add to my room and whatnot because we couldn’t always buy a lot due to moving constantly and how I couldn’t always decorate how I wanted.

2 Likes

You aren’t living unless you’re living large

2 Likes

Started as a minimalist by necessity but now I’ve embraced it :upside_down_face:. My main character energy compels me to only have enough stuff I can throw into two suitcases and a backpack so I can make a quick escape anywhere, whenever.

1 Like

I am a minimalist so I can live like a maximalist :smiley:

2 Likes

Judging from my room, definitely maximalist :joy:

I have a pile of plushies taking up half my bed and another pile of crocheted plushies on top of one of my drawers

Not to mention the random items & decorations in it (which includes: my graduation cap, rosaries, a lone Tanjiro figure, scapulars, a fake plant, a table I painted for my high school art class, and decorations that my mom had in there before I took over the room)

My “work desk” outside my room is more conserved, only has the computer, a printer, and a little thing that holds my agenda, pens, pencils, etc.

1 Like

I’m a maximalist.
I just like stuff too much to give stuff up.

uh, utilitarian, i guess, so technically minimalist. it’s more of a marie kondo type of thing than real minimalism though. I just hate clutter, it stresses me out, and the easiest way to make sure my space doesn’t get cluttered is to not have anything I don’t use, or plan on using.

1 Like