Ask me anything about my newest project! "The Oasis of Macul"

I don’t exactly know what to say here, guess you’ll be discovering my book through questions! Go ahead! Just ask!

2 Likes

What’s the genre(s)?

1 Like

Historical Fiction and Dystopian (Of the apocalyptic type)

1 Like

Sound awesome.

What’s it about?

1 Like

About an earthquake. A massive one. So big that it was detected by seismic detectors of the entire world, physically felt in the entire South American continent, and causing total damage to every single corner of Chile, as well as Mendoza, Argentina, and nearby the frontiers of Chile with Peru and Bolivia on both the Chilean and Peruvian/Bolivian sides, as you can guess, it was a mess. The Cold War is happening in the background, but for just a few moments, the US and USSR have to put aside their differences and say “Oh shit, that doesn’t look good”

1 Like

Oh, wow! So, there was a Cold War happening around the time the mega earthquake took place as well? I can see why they had to stop. Geez!

1 Like

Yes. Many countries including the US and USSR started sending billions in money for helping the rebuilding, and every man and woman they could that could be helpful, Doctors, Engineers, whatever, to help rebuild. Many countries did the same. and many places including African Countries donated food because Chile had no way to produce it’s own food, all farms across the nation just collapsed

1 Like

That’s good.

The more help the better.

So, who is the main character(s) in the story? Is this story focused on their survival after the earthquake or something else?

1 Like

The main characters are the owners of the “Oasis of Macul”, a house they crafted as a couple, because their dream was to live in a house built 100% artisan by themselves, and have children on it, they were working on it since the early 50’s and finished it barely 3 years before shit went down… but the house survived, becoming the “Oasis of Macul” (Macul being the district of the capital where the house was), and focuses on how they do everything to help their neighbours through adversity

It also focuses a lot on the President and Seismic Experts all over the globe, one trying to keep the country as stable as possible considering the circumstances, the others trying to figure out wtf just happened

The ending involves the President and the couple and their children meeting, since the country, already rebuilt, has a “Huge debt to the Garcia family for helping with all they could, the local area of Macul.” and the President along the Minister of Culture declare their house a Historic Monument to the country’s and humanity’s will at survival, finally recognizing the name “Oasis of Macul” legally

2 Likes

That sounds really amazing, and I like that.

It’s a literal oasis or a Bonafide miracle. LOL!

2 Likes

Is there an intelligent civilization of sauropodmorphs?

1 Like

Eh, what?

2 Likes
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.